Chapter Ten - The perfect end to the not so perfect start

AN:this is the LAST chapter to this book. so i guess i finally took a side on the whole Bradley issue and yeah....but on lighter news the second "The Best Worst" book is being uploaded (well as i write it) and if you liked this one then check out The Best Worst Prom...it would be awesome if you could... :))

***

Chapter ten – the perfect end to the not so perfect start

Rita’s POV

The wedding went smoothly. My best friend by my side holding my hand and leaning on me. I kept smiling too myself. I don’t know what it was that made forgive her but...I realised that my life was seemingly fun with Janet in it. Sure, I was never involved in that fun but it was fun to watch it.

Besides I could see Janet trying. She was trying to change for me but I didn’t want her to. Sure I mean she could lay off the sleeping around but I was being honest when I said I wouldn’t change her. I loved Janet the way she was and if she changed it wouldn’t feel the same.

My sister hadn’t been so worked up about her wedding being interrupted and I tried to work out why. Before I knew what was happening I was sitting at a perfectly decorated table watching my sister talk to friends and family, her husband by her side. I was sitting next to Janet who still held my hand.

‘Rita-‘ she started but I shook my head.

‘if you say I’m sorry one more time I swear I’m going to kill you’ I warned and she laughed.

‘no, I was going to ask you whose the hottie whose been watching you all afternoon’ she said nodding her head towards Kendall. I smiled as he blushed looking away.

‘um...that’s Kendall’

‘ooh do tell me more’

‘I met him on the bus to Lewiston’

‘did you now?’ she asked smirking and I could see the wheels turning in her playful eyes.

‘yeah...he offered me a ride here’

‘hmm he’s cute’

‘no, he’s gorgeous’

‘oh I knew it’ she exclaimed and my eyes widened realising I’d said that out loud.

‘k-knew w-what?’ I stuttered and she laughed.

‘you totally went and found yourself a hottie. Where does he live? Oh does he work on the farm? That would be hot, no shirt body sleek with sweat’ she rambled on and I gulped imagining it. I started blushing too.

‘um...he’s here helping his parents on their ranch’

‘oh so he does work on a farm?’

‘yeah I guess’