Chapter 3: Right Out The Door

Chapter 3  

*1week later*

     We laughed as we walked toward lunch. I grabbed at my chest, my  lungs aching from all the laughter. "S-stop!" I choked out in between  breaths. "You got him to believe that I was your husband. I mean  seriously. Just because he touched your butt. " I regained my  structure. "You're lucky he backed off. I was about  to convince him  that I was pregnant with your child. But he got away first. Oh well. "  He wrapped his arms around me and placed his hands on my stomach. "Well  we can go after him now and play the old 'I think The babies hurt'  card. " I giggled and leaned back into him. 

       I closed my eyes in thought. "I never thought about having kids  really.  I never thought of getting married actually. I just planned on  being a lone wolf-" I stopped in mid-sentence but continued once I  realized it was also a phrase humans used. "I just can't picture myself  tied down to some poor guy and making children. And having kids calling  me mom. And then my daughter has a boyfriend but I won't have it  happen. And then the kids grow up and next thing you know I'm a  wrinkled old lady with five grandchildren and two dogs. And-" A low  rumble emitted from no where. I jumped away from Andy thinking it was  Alex. For the last few days me and Alex have been dating but he didn't  really like the relationship I had with Andy. Every time I hugged or  even kissed Andy on the cheek Alex would do this growl. Almost as if he  was jealous. I let my guard down once I realized it was Andy's stomach. 

       I laughed. "Okay. Okay. Lets go feed you." We pushed open the  lunchroom doors and Andy led me by the hand to a table where seven  other guys sat. As we drew nearer to the table one by one their heads  turned toward me. One let out a low whistle.  It's like even though  it's been a week they can't get over me.

         Andy slid into the booth leaving enough room for me to sit down. I  slid in next to him and rested my head on Andy's shoulder. I've been  getting weird feelings ever since I meet Alex. I picked up my bag and  dug out my wallet. "I'll buy lunch. Pizza?". Everyone nodded in  agreement. I got up and headed for the exit. On my way here I spotted  pizzeria down the street and according to my pizza skills the place  seemed pretty ligit. In the parking lot I bumped into Alex. "Hey Alex.  I'm just heading over to pick up lunch. Wanna come?" he shook his head  vigorously. "No thanks. I -Uh gotta talk to Drew. " He spun on his heel  and jogged the rest of the way to the door.  I shrugged. Though me and  him have grown closer this week he still seemed to be a little distant.

*Alex's P.O.V*

      I got to the table and looked over to the other guys. Most of them were  too busy being stupid to notice me. I started talking to Drew  telepathically. 'Why is she going out to eat lunch? Did the other guys  say something to her.' Drew jumped surprised to hear my voice in his  head. 'Chill dude. She's fine. She just went to go get us lunch. That's  it. No biggie. ' I clenched my fists. 'You should've at least warned me  ahead. I could've got one of the guys to go make sure she makes it  safely. ' I tried to calm myself. She probably did make it there  safely. I sat back and closed my eyes. "Alex. " I flinched and the  sound of her voice. "Oh. Hey Stephanie. " I say not even opening my  eyes. Stephanie was my girlfriend before I found out she cheated on me  last month.

         "You know I'm really sorry right? I didn't mean for that to  happen, you know?" I sighed. She said the same thing two days ago. She  thinks I'll take her back because, before Sage came along,  we thought  we were in love but now that I've met Sage I know what it feels like to  be in love.  "I'm not gonna take you back Stephanie." She nodded her  head and walked away. A sweet smell began to fill my nostrils. It  smelled of apricots and sage. I turned toward the door. Sage was coming  through the door her arms stacked with pizza boxes. I took a breath  removed my ring and sauntered over to her. I took in her reaction. She  froze and let go of the boxes. I caught them before they hit the  ground. What happened next I did not expect. She spun around and walked  right back out the door.

Sorry It's Short.

VOTE

COMMENT

LIKE

 READ  

PLEASE!!