Chapter 8: Mine

Hey! Sorry it's been taking sooooooooo long to update. I've had school and problems and ect. Thing's have been crazy. Fro now on I'll try to update more often. I Promise...

Without further delay... CHAPTER 8: WAY TO GO!

*Alex*

     I finally felt at ease with myself as my wolf put aside our differences to let in the love of our mate. I looked around until I finally say an old, small, hut perched in the middle of the clearing. Sage gripped my hand excitedly as we neared it, the soft babble of the stream filling my ears. "This is it. I know it's not much but it's a nice place for relaxing and escaping authority." Sage said her smaller hand envepoled by my much larger one.

     I chuckled and followed her into the small wooden hut by a cool stream. "I'll get you something to drink after I change. Just sit here while I go change." she said guiding me to a sofa and then disapearing behind a door. I looked around taking in my surrounding.

     On the mantle of her fireplace she had a lot of photos. The first few were of her and her family. The first photo showed her and her brother covered in mud and grass. The one to the left of it was a family photo. Sage sat next to her brother who is missing a few teeth and her dad is holding her mom who is holding her bulging stomach.

     The next one shows Sage's mom holding what I'm pretty sure is a naked baby Sage wrapped in a green silk blanket. She was so tiny in her mother's arms, her large eyes looking up toward her mother's face as if she was looking for a sense of belonging.

     The picture sitting next to that one was one that angered my wolf. The picture couldn't have been more than two years old. It was a picture of Sage sitting on some guy's lap and his arms wrapped around her waist. Though something seemed a little off about the image a low growl still left my chest. I stood up and walked over to it. I could feel my nails elongating as I drew closer to the image. Every detail of his face stood out to me. It was as if my wolf was trying to memorize a target and he was the one I was looking for.

     I lifted my finger and ran my nail across the picture, leaving a small scratch across the glass in front of his face. The more I scrutinized the guy in the picture the more I wated to know who he was. My head tilted to the side as my eyes squinted analyzing the image. I just couldn't put my finger on it but there was something else wrong with the picture other than the fact that he had his filthy hands all over my mate.

     I looked at Sage face. It was just the way her smile was on her face. It just wasn't fitting. I looked into her eyes. The image hhad frozen the emotion from that exact moment. She looked scared, frail, weak. In other words she was nothing like the Sage I met a month ago. I tried to focus on the other pictures on the mantle but my eyes kept looking back to that picture. My canines elongated and I picked up the picture in my hand, removing it from it's frame.

     I flipped the picture over reading the inscription on the back -

You're Mine Forever, Russell

     Before I could understand what was happening the paper was snatched out of my handI looked at Sage who was crumpling up the picture in her hand. "Sorry I forgot that was here. I have your water." she said stuffing the crumpled ball into her pocket and then holding out a glass in front of me. "Who's Russell?" I asked taking the glass, my nails clinking againt it. She shook her head. "It's no one. Just an old boyfriend of mine. No one important I assure you." she said taking me by the hand and leading my to the sofa where she began stroking my hand in attempt to sooth my temper.

     "Sage. On the back he wrote 'You're Mine Forever'. You are not his you are mine." my wolf growled. "Do you understand Sage. You are my mate. Mine." I growled. Sage stood up walking a few feet away from where I was sitting and then turned back around facing me. "Don't you think that I want to be your mate?" she asked placing her tiny hand on her waist. I nodded looking at her face that was stiff with aggrivation. "Then why do you have to take away my past. What more do you want from me. I crumpled up the photo already," she took out the photo opening it back up and then tearing it to shreads. ", what more did you want. Did you want me to burn the remains too?"

     I stood up, my teeth and nails retracting. I stepped a bit closer to Sage but she turned away from me. "He meant nothing. It was nothing. I told you Alex." she said her voice shaking. Her fingers relaxed slightly allowing the pieces to slip through her fingers. I placed a hand on her shoulder and she stiffened beneath my grip. "Sage, what's wrong?" I asked concerned once I felt a sudden change in energy from her. It was as if she was afraid. "Am I scaring you Sage?" I asked my heart aching slightly. She turned looking at me, her eyes glassy looking. "I hated him. I hated him the whole time we were together, I swear I did." she whispered.

     I pulled her in close. She burried her face in my chest breathing heavily and mumbling a few words every now and then. "It's okay Sage. I'll never let him near you again. I promise." I said looking at the photo remains on the wooden floor. Who ever this guy Russell was he'd hurt my Sage. I sisn't know if the damage was physical or emotional but he'd hurt her. Whoever was an enemy of my mate has better watch out for me.

So.... Good? SOOOOOO SORRY It's been a while since I updated this book. I was actually thinking of deleting this book but then my bestie was talking about my book and I decided to go ahead and update it.

Anyways I LOVE YOU GUYS IF YOU ARE STILL READING EVEN AFTER THIS LONG LONG SUPER LONG WAIT!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

LOVE YA LOVELIES!!!!!!!!!<3