Chapter 14

I stayed quiet and still as Xander strut right into Masters room, practically dragging Doe behind him.

My eyes widened when I saw her. She looked physically drained like she was going to pass out any second now.

Xander looked around the room as master shut the door, taking in a deep breath.

"Did you do something with the place? it looks different." Xander said.

Master rolled his eyes, "That's not why you're here."

Xander's's eyes furrowed for a moment.

"Hm? Oh yea. Where do you want this?" He asked, lifting the edge of Doe's leash.

Master groaned as he walked into the bathroom.

"Just take off her leash and have her sit on that couch." He said, pointing to the one that I woke up on.

Xander nodded as he made his way over to the couch.

Apparently, Doe was too out of it because She ended up being choked by the leash before she started stumbling over to Xander.

Now I really felt bad for her.

Doe weakly climbed onto the couch before Xander took forever to unclip her leash.

Master walked back into the room, now with the sleeves of his shirt rolled up to his elbows.

His eyes met with mine for a second before he turned to Xander.

He started to speak, but Xander beat him to it.

"You let your pet on the bed?" Xander asked, now facing me as he sat himself on one of the other couches.

I shifted my head down, looking at the now very interesting blanket.

"Not usually," Master said, walking over to the couch, "but I didn't need her catching whatever Doe has, so I decided to make an exception."

Xander's eyes furrowed as he looked at me.

"Shes gonna start disobeying if you keep letting her up there." He said.

I curiously tilted my head up towards Master.

"Believe me, she knows better," Master replied, "Now whats wrong with yours?"

I looked towards Doe as soon as Xander did, trying not to make eye contact with him.

"I don't know. She told me that she was feeling really hot last night but I thought that she was just trying to make up some lame excuse so I wouldn't drink from her. Her blood tasted a little different than usual so I guess she wasn't totally making it up. And this morning I had to force her to wake up, which was weird because she's always up before me, and then her breathing started getting all weird and her body wouldn't stop shaking."

Master just stared at him for a second before letting out a long sigh.

Doe didn't even flinch when Master reached his hand towards the back of her neck.

Maybe she just didn't care at this point.

Masters eyes widened.

"How did you not feel this fever?" He asked.

Xander pursed his lips out a bit.

"What fever?"

Master just stared at him, annoyance evident in his face.

"She's literally burning, Xander. I'm surprised that she was able to make it over here without collapsing."

Master went through what seemed like a routine, opening her mouth, checking various parts of her body, checking her pulse.