Hardest Part pt. 3

The smell of rain lingered in the open as Helena stood firmly on the grass padded ground. Her bare feet were stained with fresh dew from the morning rain earlier that day. She was at a local park, firmly holding a grip on one of her hand guns.

Focus was the key.

Yes, it had been a month since Cancer had passed away -- which had changed Helena a little more.

True, Helena had been violent before this happening, but without Cancer to restrict her from hurting anyone -- she had broken free and began to act violently to anyone her crossed her wrongly.

She loved using guns more than any other weapon.

The cold metal feel of the weapon, the bullet that could peirce through skin easily.

But mostly the trigger.

Why?

Because that trigger could mean the matter of life and death to some innocent soul.

From the distance, Helena could hear a drift of a gentle piano somewhere father off.

The piano playing the same simple notes over and over.

Though she tried hard to over come it, curiousity over came Helena and she followed the noice untill she was deep into a woodsy part of the park.

Trees loomed over her and very little light came from these parts.

A gap from some trees overhead caused a slight spillage of sunlight which landed directly towards to sorce of the noice that tranced Helena so suddenly.

There in the middle of the woods stood firmly a grand piano, which held a stand were a microphone was layed on.

At the piano sat a fair skinned young male about her age with very bright blonde hair that was almost white with bright peircing eyes. His hands were gloved and his outfit was all black but some simple white stripes that whent across the chest area of the shirt he wore. The outfit prehaps resembled something of that of a military costume prehaps.

Helena blinked several times, thinking she was prehaps halusinating. Clearly, this could not be happening. How could the huge piano get there so easily? And why was this young man dressed so weirdly?

He didin't seem to notice her though, as he continued on with the song. Helena jump, startled, as he opened his mouth and began to sing:

"When I was,

A young boy,

My father, took me into the city

To see a marching band

He said, "Son when you grow up, will you be the saviour of the broken, the beaten and the damned?"

He said, "Will you defeat them, your demons, and all the non-believers, the plans that they have made? Because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the black parade.""

Helena shuddered as he sang, for his voice was peircing and almost hurt her like a knife.

The young lad lifted his head finally and looked at Helena, a smiling creeping slowly to his pale face.

"Helena....!" He said, his arms unfolding to a welcoming jesture -- prehaps desiring a hug.

Helena suddenly flinched. How the hell did this creep know her name?

His eyes trailed from her face down to her hand which still held the gun which hung from her hand absently and he chuckled gently.

"Now really, Helena. I am not so suprised you'd have a gun." He said, his voice strongly hinting that of very amused.

Helena then curled her hand into a fist and became defensive "Listen here, hot-shot, you have no right to go around and get me mad."

He blinked, taken a-back "My apologies. I never ment to offend you, Helena."

"How the hell do you know my name anyways...?" Helena asked bitterly, narrowing her eyes at the suspicious man.

"I am Cancer, Helena." He told her.

Helena studied the man and raised an eye-brow at him. What was this, a joke??

"No you're not. Cancer is dead. Besides, he didin't have THAT light of blonde hair.... and he wouldin't dress like a freak." Helena said, suddenly growing bored of this man's antics.

"Helena, I. Am. Cancer." He said slowly, as if she was dumb "Look." He took something flashing gold from underneath the color of the outfit and showed her a necklace with a dove charm dangling from the chain.

Bewildered, Helena thought to herself, trying to calm her fluttering heart "No... anyone can buy a freakin necklace. Cancer is dead." She said, almost as if to reasure herself rather than to state this to this man.

The man seemed like he was loosing patience, though he was quick to keeping pressing the subject on "Alright then... if you don't believe me -- then how would i know that you have a scar on your right knee which you always wear pants on even with a skirt and dress because your embaressed of it. I also know it's from a bike accident when you were little and have been covering up since. And how would i know this without being Cancer when he is the only one informed on this informed on this??"

Helena stared at the man for a long time, trying to sink this all in for a while.

"Cancer....!!" Helena shuddered and sobbed, falling into him and sobbing hard.

Cancer kept a firm grip on her, running a gloved hand through her short hair in a soothing jesture.

"I-- I thought--"

"I was dead? I am. In a way..." Cancer told her looking down at her "I am, in a sense, a walking dead."

"Oh, i don't care if your dead or not! You're alive! And that is all that matters!!" Helena said, sobbing happily "Now why the hell are ya dressed like that? You look lika damned freak!" She laughed.

"I am a part of The Black Parade ." Cancer explained to Helena, continuing on despite Helena's puzzled look "It's a high honor after one has died. I am actually the lead of it. Pretty much, i am the head of the dead for the after life."

"Oh!" Helena blinked "Then.. why are you here?"

"Because being the head i can do whatever i whant. I still have to go there to keep the place organised but.. i didin't whant to leave you." Cancer smiled.

"You mean... you whant to live with me??" Helena said, her eyes whidening.

"Of corse." Cancer said, a whide toothy grin coming to his face.

Helena squealed and jumped around like a small child and grabbed his hand, running off to get to her house.