Chapter Six

A/N so I nearly forgot that I was publishing this story here.. sorry about that. I only have 5 chapters - including this one- finished. So it'll be 1 per week. Enjoy! Follow me on twitter for updates! @0910ScarletRose

-- xo Cassiie

Chapter Six

After a stop at the store to pick up some groceries-mainly ice cream, alcohol and junk food-they were back in their suite at the hotel. After unpacking the food, Ari grabbed a bowl of ice cream and a bottle of bourbon while Nik grabbed the glasses and they went into the living room. The four of them sat on the floor around the coffee table with a glass of bourbon each.

"Alright, who wants to start?" Ari asked, scooping up a spoonful of ice cream and stuffing it into her mouth.

"Why don't we just do it as questions and answers type thing?" Stefan suggested, when the others agreed he began with the first question. "Let's start with something simple. What's everyone's favourite colour? Mine is blue."

"Green." Klaus stated.

"Red." Elijah replied before they all turned to Ari.

"Today it's purple. Yesterday it was yellow. Who knows what it'll be tomorrow." Ari shrugged, "it changes every day."

The game continued on for the next few hours. Ari discovered that Stefan hated the taste of druggie blood because it left a bitter aftertaste. Nik loved to paint and sketch. Elijah still had a thing for his ex. This was the last question that had been answered.

"Katherine?" Ari asked softly.

Elijah sighed but nodded, "when she was human, she was so different. She was sweet. Always so sad, but nice and sweet none the less." He trailed off, sighing in remembrance.

Ari sighed, sipping at her bourbon, "look, Katerina was a sweetheart growing up. When she was seventeen she fell in love with a man from her village. He used her for his own needs. Made her fall for him, got what he wanted from her and moved on to the next girl. When she ended up pregnant, she was shunned by her family. As soon as she was well enough after the baby was born, her father had her exiled. Then she moved to England and you all know what happened after that."

She paused and looked at the three men around her, "if she hadn't of been trying to save herself, or running away, you would have known that. She never got to hold her baby. She was ripped from her as soon as she was born. It made Katerina bitter. It wasn't until she met you Elijah that she let herself love again. When she found out about the sacrifice she felt betrayed. She still loves you."

Elijah looked up at her and she couldn't help but smile at the little spark of hope in his eyes.

"If Nik will promise not to try and take anymore revenge out on her I'll call her tomorrow and have her join us. She and I have always gotten along since we met when I left Mystic Falls." Ari smiled.

Nik nodded, "if she doesn't hurt my brother then I no longer have anything against her. If they make each other happy then I'll be happy for them." He smiled, kissing Ari's cheek.

"Thank you." Elijah smiled.

Stefan bit his lip, looking down. He knew that once Katherine was here, he'd be the fifth wheel. He knew he belonged with Ari and Nik, but he was technically still dating Elena. Glancing at his phone, he picked it up and dialled Elena's number which caught the attention of the others.

On the third ring she answered. "Stefan?"

"Elena." Stefan replied coldly, remembering the picture, "did you really think I wouldn't find out you kissed my brother?"