Hardest Part part 1

CancerxHelena Hardest Part pt. 1

"Helena."

The oh-so familliar rasp of Cancer's voice whispered to Helena -- snapping her from her sun-shine coated dreams back into cold-hearted lifeless reality.

Helena looked down at her child-hood friend whom she shared so many childhood dreams and memories now layn weakly across the white-sheeted hospital bed, his blue eyes looking up at her pleadingly.

"Yeah?" Helena responded wearily, her heart aching deep down inside.

"I am thirsty." Cancer told Helena, his cold clamy hands running across her arm smoothly.

"I'll get you something." Helena told him gently, rising to her feet -- though they had fallen asleep along with her when she was asleep.

"Can you get me soda?" Cancer asked, a tint of laughter in his voice as she almost had reached to the door.

Helena turned to Cancer, smirking and shaking her head "You know you won't be able to hold it down. Besides, you have surgery tonight."

Cancer nodded and then turned his head to the window beside the window his bed was near. The sun glistened down on his pale soggy face -- and for a moment, he looked like the regular Cancer Helena had known before.

Bright haired, blue eyed smiling strong boy that Helena admired deeply even through all of the ups and downs they had. Helena would never be able to admit her love to him. But.... Cancer didin't have much longer with her. I will not kiss you

She'd have to....

Helena smiled weakly and crept out of the room and closed the door firmly, letting a tear slip from her eyes and roll down her cheek, letting it crash and shatter like glass on the marbel floors of the ER. Because the hardest part of this...

Helena walked down the halls and came to a vending-machine -- shuffling a dollar bill into the machine and dialing a few key numbers, whatching a bottled water clutter and noisely hit the bottom of the machine. Slowly, she reached for the bottle and began to make her way back into the room.

.... Is leaving you.