Chapter One: First Impressions

Shiloh’s POV:

“Next time on Ghost Adventures we will be traveling to the famous well known hotel that inspired our very own Stephen King to write The Shining. This hotel has some dark secrets and negative energies. Due to the constant active paranormal activity this hotel is no longer vacant. So get ready to join us on our Ghost Adventures.”

“And…cut!” I looked up from the camera, “Good job Zak.”

“Thanks.” He blandly said as he walked past me making his way towards Aaron and Nick.

I’ve been working with the guys from Ghost Adventures for a couple of months now. I will be present in the new upcoming season four. Nick has been teaching me how to use their equipment. You see the travel channel producer wanted the show to get more ratings. He felt like a girl was a more suitable choice. This is why I'm here. I entered my application and received an answer within two weeks. The producer told me that I seemed brave and reminded him of Zak due to my passion for the unknown.

I heard Zak's laugh coming from the far side corner of the room. From the corner of my eye I noticed him laughing at something Nick said. A tired sigh passed my lips as I continued putting my camera away. Honestly I feel uncomfortable being here with the guys because they don’t acknowledge my existence. I grabbed my black messenger bag and tossed it over my shoulder. With my left hand I grabbed my camera case and walked over towards the guys.

“So, when are we going back to the hotel?” I nervously asked with the attempt of making small talk.

Nick was the first to turn around and smiled, “We weren’t going to go back quite yet.”

“Oh I see.” I looked down at my feet and readjusted my bag.

“We were thinking about going to get a bite to eat.” Aaron added while lightly punching Zak in the arm.

I stood there for a while not knowing what to say, “Well then, I guess I can stay here and look over the intro we recorded today.”

Zak snickered, “Aaron tried to hint that he was inviting you.”

Shocked by his rudeness. I couldn't make eye contact with him. Aaron quickly spoke up to avoid any confrontation to occur.

“Yeah, because you are our newest member and we don’t know you as well. So, we can use this time to get to know who exactly Shiloh is.” He explained.

Which made me give him a smile in appreciation for his effort to give me some form of comfort. At least Aaron and Nick were nice to me, “Well then I would love to join you.”

“Great! Lets go.” Zak said with what sounded like sarcasm.

Now I regret agreeing to come along, “Yeah, lets go.”

The guys and I walked out of the building and got into Aaron’s car. Aaron and Zak were in the front while Nick was sitting beside me. I just hugged my bag close to my body and stared out the window.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I hate when they put too much ketchup on my burger and then the stupid bun get’s soggy.” Zak said with annoyance in his voice.

I was sitting across from Nick and Aaron was sitting next to me. I just stared at my fries and diet coke. Zak has been in a bad mood since we got there and it's incredibly irrigating.

“Dude since when did you care about too much ketchup?” Aaron asked with a mouthful of fries, “You love Goodie’s Burgers.”

“I don’t know just forget that I said anything.” He mumbled as he picked at his own fries.