Chapter 4

The party raged on, music was still blaring, and still, nothing seemed to matter. My limbs were still numb, and I continued to drown in lust.

            Brandon was still the only thing that mattered anymore. Electricity was in my veins and it wasn’t going anywhere, anytime soon.

            At that moment, I wanted to do something out of the ordinary; or at least something I never have wanted to do. I wanted to lead him somewhere far more secluded.It seemed odd to me, but I didn’t mind and I knew for a fact that he wouldn’t either.

            As he began trailing down the line of my jaw, tilted my head back, and let out a subtle moan. Clearly Don heard it, because he trailed his way back up and nibbled my ear. In that very instant, a feeling came over me, and I was completely numb. His hands subsided from around my waist and one of them slowly traced the curves of my back, and the other behind my neck.

“Hey, let’s go somewhere else.”  He asked. His breath was warm and he spoke in small, short pants. His breath took its own course down my spine, and allowed lust to completely consume me.

I tried with everything I had to say yes, but all I could manage was a simply nod. Finally having my assurance, he returned to kissing my lips.

I had no idea how intense all of this could be; but the most I’ve ever done with a guy was make out. Then again, Brandon is the only guy that has ever kissed me, and the most we have ever done was kiss. He never once put his hand on me in any place I didn’t feel comfortable. But now, none of that mattered. All I wanted to do was escape this world, and go live in his.

            As he bent down to pick me up, I heard a voice call out his name. Oh great. I thought to myself. Don’t even come over here, or even speak to him. He is mine. In that moment, reality slowly began to creep back. I wanted to shut it out and run away with Don; but this person was persistent.

            “Brandon!” The voice called out again. There was more anger and intent in his voice this time.

            And again, neither of us seemed to care. We didn’t even stop or take a breath to look up and see who it was.

            “Damnit Brandon! Would you mind getting your tongue out of her throat for half a minute and listen to me?” Anger was still in his voice, but this time more sincerity was there. “I really need to talk to you.” His voice was beginning to crack. And whoever it was, it should be cracking. I can’t remember one time in my life when anyone has ever spoken to Don like this and walked away without a broken nose.

            Brandon’s body tensed up and he stopped kissing me. He drew in a deep breath, and placed his head on my left shoulder. Finally when my eyes opened, horror struck me, and my knees almost buckled beneath me. I tightly grabbed hold of his forearm to help keep my balance.

             Travis looked at me with tears filling in his eyes. I knew the purpose behind his interruption, although, I hoped for his sake it wasn’t.

            “Brandon, I…” He trailed off clenching his jaw holding back tears. He looked at me one last time before he continued. I nodded to him in assurance. “I can’t find Hollie.”

            Brandon’s head immediately snapped up, and he looked at Travis with a look I have never seen from him before. “What did you just say?” He hissed through his teeth. He fists were clenched and he was ready to hit someone; Travis to be more specific.  

            In an attempt to calm things down, I gently slid my hands around Don’s rock hard arm.

            My heart nearly sunk when Travis continued. “She ran off a while ago, and I can’t find her. She won’t answer my calls or my…”