Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Ross continued to sit there, silently. His silence only left me annoyed. I kept my eyes on him, giving him a few more seconds before I decided to get up and go. If he wouldn't answer my questions then what was the purpose of staying here. I didn't want to deal with secrets and lies, which was something Ross had. As I walked to the door, I could feel Ross's eyes on me.

"Wait, Haven, sit back down. I'll tell you-" he stopped when he heard the door. I took a couple steps back as someone opened the door. I could hear their laughs, and once they caught sight of me, it went quiet. Their eyes all landed on me and soon, they looked over at Ross. They gave him a questioning look, and I looked over at Ross to see what he'd say or do. Ross only shook his head, which, for some reason, changed these people's moods.

The blonde girl approached me. She seemed so smiley and girly, which wasn't bad, but the sudden mood change was really weird. "Hi, I'm Rydel," she left her hand out for me to shake. So, I shook her hand. I put on a fake smile, because obviously, I wasn't really thrilled at the moment.

"I-I'm Haven," I managed to say. It felt like I was talking for the first time. I really wanted to leave, I couldn't stand here another second. I started to fan myself, which to them looked weird, but I really couldn't stay here any longer. I needed to be alone. They gave me a worried expression. "Don't worry, I'm, uh, fine. Just fine. I think I should go. It was nice meeting you, Rydel, and um, the rest of you guys." I quickly made my way outside and stopped after passing a block. I sat down by the sidewalk and tried to take a breath.

"Are you okay?" I jumped from the voice beside me. It was only Ross. How did he get here so fast? I shook my head and got up.

"No, I'm not. I could've died last night!" I tried to calm myself down but it wasn't working. "Look, Ross, all I want are some answers! If you aren't going to answer them, then just leave me alone."

"Okay, I'll tell you-" he got cut off again, by his phone. He held up his finger, showing me he meant one minute as he picked up his phone. "I can't right now. I just can't. Look- I know but- fine, I'll be there." Ross hung up and placed his phone back in his pocket. "I can't answer your questions today. Tomorrow, I promise. But right now, I really have to go."

"No, just forget it."

***

I leaned against my window, watching the streets once again. As always, the streets were empty. There were no stars out tonight ether. I looked away from my window and stared at my bed. I didn't know what to think anymore, it felt like my mind was blank, numb. I kind of liked it. I was too tired to care about anything at the moment. But I didn't want to sleep, not yet.

I stood up, leaning toward my bed. I stared at my dart board placed on the wall across from me. I picked up one of the darts from my table. At first, I focused on the board and threw the dart, hitting right at the bulls eye. I grabbed a couple more darts in the hand. I took a breath, and without focus, I threw another. It met with the dart on the board. I smiled.

I held on the last dart, closing my eyes. I got it at the tips of my fingers, trying to picture it all in my head. I threw the dart, hearing it place itself on the board. I opened my eyes. I walked over to the board, the last one I threw was also right at the middle. I removed them.

I played another round, getting it right in the middle, like always.

I lay on my bed, letting sleep take over me.

I was starting to wake up. I could start to feel everything around me. I slipped my hand out of my pillow. I heard a thumping sound, but I chose to ignore it. I began to roll over, not realizing there wasn't anymore space. I fell down, making me open my eyes widely. Well, ow!