Chapter 8

*Katrina's POV*

His words hit me like a ton of bricks.

Vampire's actually exsist?

"Yeah. I tried to keep it from you so you wouldn't freak out or tell anyone about my kind." Harry says.

Can he read my mind?

"Yup. Each vampire has the ability to read minds. But they also have their own unique power." Harry informs me. I'm still sitting stunned in the corner of his bedroom. When I woke up, nobody was in the room with me.

"Damn it. I told Louis to watch that Zayn didn't leave you!" Harry exclaims. I flinch at his rise in tone. He looks back at me and his eyes soften. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell." He says looking down.

"It's ok." I manage to speak.

"You were out for a week. I thought I didn't get to you in time." A single tear escapes Harry's emerald eyes. I reach my hand out and wipe it away.

"But you did get to me in time. I'm here now, and I think that's all that matters." I say in a comforting tone.

He looks back up at me a musters a small smile.

"So how exactly do we find my unique power?" I ask.

"Well, we already know you have the ability to read minds and super speed like everyone else. It usually takes a week after the vampire wakes up to find their unique power." Harry explains.

"Do the boys have their own powers too?"

"Yeah. Louis can see the future, Liam as super strength, Niall can see a person's past, and Zayn... Zayn as the ability to change his appearance." Ok, now I'm scared. Not of Louis, Liam, Niall, or Harry. But I think I'm gonna have some trust issues with Zayn.

"Ok. What do you think my unique power would be?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"It's too early to tell. But I can tell it will be different." Harry smiles.

****1 week later****

"Ok Kitten, time to find out your power." Louis says walking into the living room with the other boys.

"Umm, ok. And did you just call me 'Kitten'?" I ask.

"Yup. That's your new nickname." Louis smiles at his so called brilliance.

"Alright, let's look through the book of powers." Liam says plopping down a large book on the coffee table. My eyes widen at the size of the book.

"How many pages are in there?!" I shriek.

"About 800. It's in alphabetical order though. And they're just lists." Liam said flipping to a random page.

"And you guys are gonna test me on all these?"

"Just the basics at first and then we'll move onto others." Zayn smirks. I know I'm going to have trust problems with him.

"Ok. Let's get started." Niall says clapping his hands together excitedly. This is going to be a long day.

****8 hours later****

"Guys! I'm tired. Let's just call it a day." I complain. They all look at me.

"Tell you what, we'll try 2 more powers and call it a night. Deal?" Harry asks. I look at all of them and roll my eyes.

"Fiiine." I drag out the 'i' to show them how annoyed I am.

"YAY!" Louis shouts. "Let's do hydrokenesis. You can control water with that power." Louis suggests. I nod and we all walk down to the creek.

When we get there, I can feel all the boys watching me.

"Hold out your hand and concentrate on moving the water." Liam instructs. I nod and hold out my hand and close my eyes tight. I concentrate on trying to move the water. After about 2 minutes, I open my eyes and see that the water hasn't moved a single inch towards me.

I turn towards the boys and sigh. "I don't think hydrokenesis is my unique power. What's the last power of the day?" I run a hand through my hair.

"Hypnosis. You would have the ability to hypnotize someone into doing what you want them to." Niall informs me.

"Ok. How does that one work?" I ask.

"Usually you stare people in the eye like you're having a staring contest. But you have to think of a certain command you want that person to do." Zayn explains further. This time, no smirk, no winking, no nothing. Just a straight face.

"Umm, ok. So who could I test this on?" I ask fiddling with my fingers.

"You could try it on me." Harry steps up and offers. I look at him shocked. But if I do hypnotize him, I could make him do something embarrassing."

'You know I can hear your thoughts right?' I hear Harry's voice in my head.

'Oh, right. Sorry. I won't do anything embarrassing.' I promise him through my thoughts.

"Alright Kitten, let's see if this is your power." Louis says while clapping his hands together. I roll my eyes and move closer to Harry.

"Don't stress about it. Everything will be fine." Harry assures me. I nod and begin to stare.

I feel so lost in Harry's eyes, and I can tell he feels the same way.

'Jump up and down' I command through my thoughts once again. Harry begins to jump up and down while keeping eye contact with me. My eyes widen and I tell him to stop.He stops jumping and stands completely still.

I blink my eyes and the gaze is broken.

"Did you read my thoughts again?" I ask him.

"No. In fact, I didn't hear your thoughts at all."

I step back. "Does that mean this is my power?" I ask Liam.

He nods in response. I shriek and jump up and down. I hug Harry and he stubbles backwards but catches himself. He hugs me back. We pull away after a few minutes. "I can't believe I finally found my power." I exclaim. I am beyond excited, but also beyond tired.

"Now Kitten, remember that you can't do anything bad or naughty with your power." Louis winks. Harry's eyes widen and mine do too after I let the concept sink in.

"LOUIS!!" I yell. I run up to him and slap his arm as hard as I could. He yelps out in pain and rubs his arm.

"Well aren't you a strong newborn?" Louis asks. I shrug my shoulders.

"We know one thing for sure, she's not as strong as me." Liam says proudly showing off his biceps.

"Oh yeah? I challenge you to an arm wrestling contest tomorrow morning. Hopefully you'e not going to be too upset when you loose to me." I say faking a pout. Liam's eyes grow dark. I extend my arm out for him to shake my hand. "So you up for it?" I ask.

"Oh, it's on." I he's shaking my hand.

((OH SNAP!! Some real shit's goin' down!! Hope you bros enjoyed this chapter. Let me know what you think and possible suggestions for the next chappie. I swear, the computer I'm using is a complete dinosaur. It's so old!! Gah!! Anyway, see you guys next time.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!

-Lauren <3 ;P ))