THE REAL 11th BIRTHDAY

*PRESENT DAY*

Maddies POV: I looked into my shoebox. You know the one. The one I always kept in the corner that I let nobody touch. All of my memories were faded,but some items were  kept inside of the box for me to remember.

First birthday- The small pink polka dot dress

Second birthday- A candle that said "2"

Third birthday- A picture of me and Kalani

Fourth birthday- Josh's snapback

Fifth birthday- My plastic tiara

Sixth birthday- Josh's shirt

Seventh birthday- My blue converses

Eighth birthday- The purple charm bracelet Josh gave me

Ninth birthday- Mackenzie's suspenders

Tenth birthday- My mint green crop top

I wished I had taken a good look at what was in here before last year. Now there's nothing I can change. Every neighborhood was overrun with immortals. Vampires. Very clique,I know. But it was true. Nobody was safe. My mom wouldn't let me come out of the house except for school and dance. I made a wish this very birthday. That wish unleashed the monsters of our town.

*FLASHBACK*

I woke up terribly sick with a very bad headache. My 11th birthday was gonna suck. I was gonna have a party and Abby was making every fan pay to come in. Ugh. Fans. They would always mob me and I had absolutely NO privacy whatsoever.

"MADDIE! Its time to get up!" My mom called from the kitchen.

I grumbled a few unpleasant words under my breath and got out of bed. I took a shower,brushed my teeth and washed my face. I decided on a blue strapless dress that went to my thighs and a pair of shy blue sandals. I curled my hair and pinned my bangs to the side. I walked downstairs where a big stack of pancakes was waiting for me. Mom ran upstairs to her room. Mackenzie sat at the counter on her iPhone 5c."Hey dumbhead." I said getting the orange juice out of the fridge. "Hey ugly." She said her eyes glued to the phone. That was our little thing. Finally for the first time ever,Kenzie looked at me. "Trying to impress someone I see." She said smiling like a child on Christmas morning. I rolled my eyes. "No I just chose random." I said looking away. "Its Josh isn't it?" She said smirking. "What? No..I..no..forget it." I said. The sound of his name made me turn as red as a tomato. "Whatever." She says gluing her eyes back to her phone. I silently reached for the doorknob so mom wouldn't hear me. As soon as I touched it mom started to yell. "MADISON DONT YOU DARE..!" She screamed. "DONT EAT ALL OF THOSE PANCAKES AT ONCE!" I breathed a sigh of relief and opened the door. The cool September breeze hit my skin and blew my hair everywhere. As I walked down the sidewalk near the woods I crunched red and yellow tree leaves under my feet. I saw a pale figure. Next to the Hylands house. It ran fast. It stopped when it noticed me. "Maddie,I love you and only you." It said. It kissed my neck twice. Then it bit me. As I was unconscious,I pictured who it was. It looked like someone familiar. I woke up 30 seconds later and realized. That "It" was Josh Hyland.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

-------------------

I'm too terrible. PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE! IT MEANS SO MUCH THAT YOU GUYS GAVE ME 2.8k reads! Ily all! :) -Kenzie