Retirement

Jayfeather laid in his nest in the medicine cat den. Leafpool had recently died from a fox attack in the medicine den, he had been head medicine cat for the past three moons, Alderheart helping out a lot more since Jayfeather had become weaker. Briarlight was already retired to the elders den due to her injury. The old medicine cat had been quite lonely in the den, without his mate, and his daughter who rarely visited, he had been alone. He walked outside of the den, his pelt getting tangled in the brambles. "Bramblestar!" Jayfeather called. The leader looked down to the medicine cat. "Yes?" Bramblestar hopped down. "I wish to retire."
         "I thank this Clan for the wonderful life you all have given to me." Jayfeather announced. "And StarClan for sending me Briarlight and my daughter Wishblossom. I will forever be grateful for this life StarClan granted me. I'll serve you well in the elders den." Jayfeather's blind gaze circled the Clan. The scents of my Clanmates. Lionblaze, ThunderClan's new deputy, Hollytuft, Ivypool, Flamesong, Dovewing, Alderheart, Sparkpelt... Thank you.
Jayfeather padded with Briarlight to the elders den. There, Thornclaw, Brightheart, Cloudtail, and Brackenfur lay, Cloudtail and Brightheart grooming each other, then the two brothers, Thornclaw and Brackenfur, lay in a small patch of sunlight beaming from the ceiling. "Welcome, Jayfeather!" Brightheart purred. "We've been expecting you." Briarlight laid in her nest, Jayfeather laid beside her. "Thank you, I hope to not be such a grouch in here." He purred in delight.
Wishblossom trotted into the elders den, a squirrel, a vole, a mouse, and a rabbit in her jaws. "I brought you all some prey." She dropped the mouse, vole, and squirrel. She laid beside her two parents, laying the rabbit in front of them. "Here." She nudged the rabbit toward the two. "I'm sorry I rarely visited, Jayfeather. I was here with Briarlight, helping her with her exercises." Jayfeather licked his daughters nose. "Don't be sorry. Hopefully we'll be able to share prey more often now that i'm here." I'm here now. Spending my last moons, or even days, with Briarlight and Wishblossom. I'll see all the cats I love again. In StarClan, or here.