Briarlight

Briarlight was next to Leafpool organizing the yarrow, when Bramblestar came in with Dovewing. "She got her pelt caught in brambles and got a few rat bites." The leader said. "Bramblestar, I said I'm fine. They're minor wounds. Nothing serious." She said. "You don't say it's serious until a medicine cat checks it and makes sure it's not serious." Leafpool argued with the young warrior. "Come on, Dovewing." Dovewing just rolled her eyes and padded into the den, wincing at every step she took.  "Briarlight, where's Jayfeather?" Leafpool asked her. "He should be at the fresh-kill pile. Let me go check." She stood on her forepaws and walked out. She saw the prey pile, but no sign of the young medicine cat. "Huh? Bumblestripe! Have you seen Jayfeather?" She asked her brother. He shook his head. "No, sorry. How come?" He replied. "Leafpool." She chuckled. "Ah, makes since she'd want to know where her son is." He chuckled. Briarlight glared at her brother. "I'm concerned too, Bumblestripe! I-I may like him..." She whispered. "WHAT?!" He exclaimed. She growled at him. "I'll see you later. I'm going to look for him." She said. He dipped his head and walked away. She heard muffled voices, Jayfeather's and Lionblaze's. She peered around the corner and perked her ears to listen. "So, what do I do about her?" She heard Jayfeather ask his brother. "Just, tell her how you feel. I'm sure Briarlight will appreciate your honesty." He responded. She gasped quietly and went back to the medicine den. "Is Jayfeather coming?" Leafpool asked. She nodded. "He'll be along shortly." She crawled back into the nest. "I'm back. Sorry, Lionblaze needed something." Jayfeather said, walking into the den. "I also need to speak with Briarlight." He gulped as he finished. She stood on her forepaws and walked to Jayfeather. "Yeah?" He flicked his tail outside of the den. "Follow me." She dragged the back half of herself to follow Jayfeather. "So, I need to tell you something..." The gray pelted tom said. "Whatever you need, you can say it..." Briarlight said, setting a paw atop his. He looked down at their paws, then back to Briarlight. "I-I think I'm in love with you..." Jayfeather sighed. Briarlight sighed. "I love you, Jayfeather..."