Prologue

1492, Bulgaria

Katerina was riding the horse through the woods that leads to the cottage, as she arrived, she saw two humans lying on the ground.

They're both dead. Their necks was mangled with dried blood, and they've had been dead only few days.

Katerina jumped down off of her horse and lifted her skirt up as she ran towards her home.

She ran inside and went to the room that she gave birth in, as she entered, she saw her father on the wall only held up by the sword.

She gasped, she turned to the bed where the scent was strong and saw her mother dead with her heart ripped out.

No! Katerina screamed silently.

She ran to the bed and grabbed her mother and cried.

She heard a small noise.

She immediately got off the bed to find the source of that small noise, she found the room.

Her sister was in the room, close to death.

"Oh god! Isabella! What happened to you?!" Katerina ran to her side, grabbing her sister to make sure she's breathing.

Isabella opened her eyes, and looked at her. She smiled weakly, she slowly reached her hand up to Katerina's face and put it on her cheek.

"Niklaus," she whispered.

She didn't have to say it anymore, she knew.

Her breathing started to slow down, Katerina panicked. She can't die! She just turned into a vampire!

She grabbed her hand, "Isabella! Please don't die on me! Please! I can't lose you!" Katerina started to shake her.

Isabella smiled weakly once again, "You're going have to, Katerina." She reached for her sister's hand, "I love you Katerina." Isabella squeezed her hand then she let go of her hand.

Her breathing started to slowly dying, Katerina was staring at her with tears in her eyes. She can feel her heart starts to die too, she only cares for her sister and now she's dying.

"I love you too Isabella," she sobbed.

Isabella's breathing faded and her heartbeat took its last beat and died.

So did Katerina's.

She breathed in and closed her eyes, reopened them again. She cried silently as her humanity started to fade away, it'll be the last thing she'll ever regrets.

But what Katerina never knew, was that Isabella made a deal with the devil. She had done with bad deeds and now she's going to hell, she's going to the other side and be the devil herself.