Silence

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8916889

Summary:
"The Silence." Ling answered, "It's not that their words no longer worked, it was like they had forgotten every spell. All their manuscripts were illegible, all their words of power had been taken from them. It was during the war of the five great nations. In the midst of a bloody battle with curses raining down from both sides, everything just... stopped."

Ed swallowed thickly.

"In Xing, the story goes that a single man stood between both sides." Ling continued, "With hair the color of the sun, bloodied from the battle and eyes that gleamed with sands of the desert, the man brought the war to an end with a single word: Silence."

Ed felt shivers go down his spine, but he promptly ignored them. Scoffing, he crossed his legs, "You Xingese are weird."

Review:
You guys remember the other fic on here named "Golem Lord?" This is a second part to it. Not really continuing of the story, more like a side story about some of the history of that world. A long time ago, when everyone knew the language of magic, there was a massive war between all the countries for power over magic and stuff. Roy, a fire magic user, wanted to help stop the war, so he and his best friend join the military. His best friend gets killed and he runs from the enemy. He stumbles onto a house in the mountains where a powerful magic user lived, named Edward. Edward lets Roy stay there for a while to rest up and heal. After a while Roy goes back to the war... and you can probably guess where this is going.