Chapter One: Rejected

Elizabeth's P.O.V

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!! I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I slammed my fist down on it to shut it the fuck up! Honestly I hate school, people shun me and call me a nerd just because I get good grades. But I think the real reason is because I don't agree to doing all the popular kids homework when they ask. And when i don't, they just do something to humiliate me, like pour milk on my head during lunch, at the table in the back where i sit all alone. People do sit at my table, but even the actual weirdos shun me. So i sit alone, and eat by myself. Oh! And I'm also mute. I mean i can speak, but what's the use when no one ever even wants to make conversation with you. The only time i talk is when my dad beats me, but it's more liike crying then talking. Lets just say it's the only time i make audible noise. My dad is the beta of the White Moon pack, the second most powerful pack in America. My alpha is Alpha Nicholas. He's nice to me, but whenever he tries to make conversation my dad pulls me away, saying that i can't talk to the alpha because I'm a weak, spineless, worthless nobody. And i don't disagree. I am weak, mostly because father never lets me shift becasue I'm a white wolf with purple eyes, which is very rare, only one exists at a time, once I die, another will come into the wolrd right after me. My family and I used to be so happy, that is until my mother died to a rouge attack. My father blames me, but I don't know why. I was only 7 at the time, i didn't even have my wolf yet. But i was in the forest with my mother when the attack happened. So my father just blames me. Now werewolves are very fast healers, but I'm so weak, adn my father beats me so hard, that i have scars, so i cover up my skinny body with baggy sweaters and sweatpants. I have a very nice body if I do say so myself, I'm skinny, but not to skinny, i have curves in all the right places, and im tan with my jet black hair that is usually in a bun or a ponytail. I rarely wear makeup, the only time is when i have a bruise on my face that i need to cover up, but what do they care. No one cares about me anyway. The only reason I'm still breathing right now is because i might still have a mate out there who will care for me. Take me away from this shit hole they call a world.

Anyways, i get up from my very uncomfortable twin bead and make my way to my bathroom to shower. I mean, at least i have my own bathroom. I turn the water to the hottest setting and jump in. But as i suspected, it's freezing cold because my father used all the hot water. So i take a quick shower and grab a towel to dry off. I then rush to my closet and pick out a nice baggy, warm sweater and some skinny jeans. They are my only pair and i wanted to wear them today because today is my 18th birhtday, the day i find my mate. Now i go to an all werewolf school, so we stay in high school for an extra two years to learn about all werewolf kind of things. I want to look nice for my mate, if they even go to my school, so...I don't know. Maybe it's just to look presentable. I then run to my bathroom again and brush my teeth and put my hair in a side braid, then grab my blue converse and I'm out the door. In record time too, I usually wake up at around 6:15am and school starts at 6:45am, but I'm usually late so I arrive at 7:00am. But right now I'm done at 6:30am and can actually take the bus instead of walk.

As if on cue, the bus comes rolling up and picks me up. I went to the very back and sat by myself. When i arrive to school, I walk into my locker area, and the most heavenly smell fills the air. Mate! Go find him now! My wolf yips in joy. I follow the scent and i turn a corner in the hallway when i run into something hard, or more of someone. When i hit them, shocks run threw me, and i know it's my mate. I look up to see the most peircing blue eyes seeping into my hazel eyes. Then i stand up and so does he and we check each other out and i am to find out that it's Lucas O' Dare. The alpha of the most powerful pack, the Blood Moon pack. He is wearing dark skinny jeans that sag a llittle just to show the brim of his boxers, a grey shirt which i can see through, adn i can see his eight pack. GOD!!! We have a pretty fucking hot mate! My wolf screams. He has his brown swoopy hair all cute. God he's cute. I then look into his eyes again to see that his are still scanning my body and i blush. He then catches my eyes with his. "What's your full name?" he asks. Remember when i said i didnt talk, well im about to break that. I was about to speak when he said that he remembered it. Then he said the one thing i would never want him to say. "I Alpha Lucas, reject you as my mate Elizabeth Hayes." He says in his alpha tone so everyone around us heard. HE DIDN"T EVEN REJET ME PROPERLY!!!! My wolf and I both wimper in sadness. But right as it happen i cover up my sadness. I should've seen this coming. Thank god he isn't my alpha, because i just flipped him the bird and ran down the hallway and out the front door and started running in the direction of my house.