Shortcomings

Shortcomings

                  Wednesday…surprisingly I was awake enough to deal with barber school, AND my shift at Target. Corliss text me several times throughout the day, letting me know how summer courses were gonna kick her ass…I also received text messages from that Asian chick Kimmie, from Georgia Tech. She was excited about us having a little “friendly” dinner tonight- while I was a little exhausted, I had gave my word that we would do it.

                  I stepped off the train at Holmes station…it was 6:30, and I needed to get home, shower up, and get ready for my dinner date wit Georgia Tech. I spotted Reagan at the station, which I thought was a bit odd, coz I usually don’t see him just hangin around on the Westside all day…but then I remembered what Melissa had said.

                  “He’s now chasin after this black girl,”

                  So I figured, that’s what he was doin- waitin around to talk with his girl…I also needed to call Moms since I hadn’t spoken with her since Sunday, when we were at the hospital. She knew I had checked out on Monday, and left a couple messages on voicemail. So yeah, I needed to give her a call, and alleviate her worries…let her know that I was doin alright. I was gonna get my first lil paycheck from Target, in which I was gonna open a small bank account…the real money(the pill/drug money) would still be stashed at my spot, but I could drop those lil checks into the account to show to Moms and the probation people like I was doin something positive.

                  I hadn’t heard from Kantrell, since I knocked that nigga over the head wit that plank at the Blue Flame last night, but I figured he would need a minute or two, to cool the fuck down. I also hadn’t spoken wit Mont, Detrick or Ross nem since I had went off on them on the basketball court Sunday after that big bish punched me in the back of the head. I walked to my apartment, seeing Miss Toya gettin out of her car. She smiled to me. “You look quite handsome and productive in your uniform,”

                  I rolled my eyes, as she laughed.

                  “How’s work treatin you?” I asked.

                  “Good…don’t forget- dinner and a movie tomorrow night,” she said. I nodded. “You can bring whatever you want, as long as it’s not one of those lame movies with rappers turned wannabe actors in it, or no pornos,”

                  “What about some comedy? Like some Tyler Perry shit?”

                  “I don’t know…I usually get tired of Tyler Perry movies after a while. I mean, some of the comedy is fresh, but I get tired of his movies wanting to relay gospel messages. Not everything is a parable from the bible,” whined Miss Toya.

                  “Amen,” I praised, as she laughed.

                  “You are wrong for that, Jacoby,” she giggled. We stood there, looking at each other for a minute…I knew she was lookin at my muscular tatted arms, and I starin down her tight ass body in that business suit. She then coughed a little. “Well, I guess I’m gonna call it a night…take a relaxin bubble bath, and get caught up on this work,”

                  “Yeah…I gotta step out for a minute,” I said. “Have a nice bath,”

                  “I sure will,” she said, as she mozied on into her apartment. I saw them lame ass niggas from building L pull up, as I walked to my apartment. I stepped inside, as Teja welcomed me…I rubbed her down, and put her leash on, taking her for a small walk, and to also handle her “business”. Afterwards, I brought Teja back to the apartment, and filled her dishes, then jumped in the shower. I turnt on the A/C, so that way the place could cool off, and I would be fresh n clean on my way out the shower…