Chapter 11

Alex scowled at the dragon. It had been two days since that incident, and the two hadn't shared more than a glance with eachother. Kyriakos went to sleep in a different chamber, and Alex was left alone in a cold bed. During that time, Alex got to know Istas a little better. When Kyriakos saw them together, he would quickly leave the room and yell at anyone who dared to look at him.

He's to harsh, Alex couldn't help but think as Kyriakos looked at him with a scrutinizing gaze, his eyes roaming up and down his body.

"Raise your arm a little," Kyriakos ordered. Alex whined and lowered the bow and arrow in his hands. "We've been doing this for hours. Can you please give me a break?"

Kyriakos glowered. "No."

For some reason, Alex couldn't kick the feeling that Kyriakos was only making him train to stay away from Istas. Because of Kyriakos's behavior, Istas had developed a slight fear of the dragon. Alex didn't like that.

Alex raised the bow again, trying to find the stance he was in just moments ago. Kyriakos stared at him again. "The way to make your arrow fly clean and straight, is to have the right form."

"And..." Alex looked at him. He gave the prince an annoyed glance. "AND, you don't have it yet."

Alex rolled his eyes. A few moments of silence, and he wasn't sure what Kyriakos was doing. But then he felt a warmth on his back, warm tendrils of breath brushing against the back of his neck, making his skin tingle. "K-kyriakos?" The prince stuttered.

"Be quiet and concentrate." Kyriakos smirked and slowly guided Alex's arms to the right position. Alex felt tense and yet relaxed at the same time. How else was he supposed to react? Kyriakos's smell was intoxicating.

Kyriakos slowly placed a hand on Alex's abdomen. The prince tensed, feeling butterflies in his stomach.

"When you release the arrow, you feel it here. In your gut." He tapped his finger there for emphasis.

The prince blushed and nodded, not quite understanding what Kyriakos was talking about. His mind was screaming. He could not choose between two reactions; feel revulsed or want more.

The prince pulled back the string and watched his arrow fly. He held his breath and closed his eyes.

After hearing a thump, he opened his eyes and saw that the arrow had hit it's mark. His grin widened and he threw up his arms and cheered, having not noticed that Kyriakos was no longer holding him.

"I did it!" The prince sang and turned to see the dragon's amused gaze.

"Yes, you did." Kyriakos answered. "But now, let's see how you do in real life."

Alex felt a sense of dread in his chest and gulped. He knew Kyriakos was probably smirking.

"We're going hunting."

~

~

Kyriakos glared at Istas as the three lowered themselves to the ground. Istas had somehow been able to squeeze himself into the hunt. Alex wanted him there, and if Kyriakos said no, Alex would be sad. So, in reality, Kyriakos was doing this for the prince. He was suffering through all the smiles and giggles alex gave to Istas, just so that Alex wouldn't whine at him later with a frown. That was all Alex seemed to give the dragon these days.

"Shut up, you too." Kyriakos said in a calm voice, and the two instantly quieted. Kyriakos turned to Alex. "What do you see?"

"Nothing," Alex answered after taking a quick glance at their surroundings. Kyriakos sighed, about to say something, but istas cut him off.