Chapter 10

"Wake up, Alex."

"Mmmm..."

"Alex, wake up."

The prince's eyes blinked open. His head lay against a pillow, and yet he had a hard time remembering if he'd actually crawled to bed the former night.

The dragon stood over him, a small smile gracing his features. "Alex?" He spoke again, in a soft tone the prince did not think the dragon was capable of making.

"Y-yes...?" Alex asked hesitantly, raising his head an inch away from the pillow. He was surrounded by warmth and he didn't quite want to be disturbed, but there was no denying the dragon.

The beast's eyes twitched, and his once unnaturally gentle aura turned violent. "You slept. For a whole day. You left me alone with those..." He stopped, trying to find the word. Alex helped him. "Elves?"

"Yes! Elves! Do you know how many of those wenches tried to braid my hair!? The stupid brats never stopped pestering me! For god sakes, get up!"

Alex groaned and nuzzled into his pillow, too tired to think rationally.

The beastly man snarled, yanking the covers from the boy's slim form. Alex yelped, hurriedly trying to escape the dragon's claws, but alas. His attempts were in vain, for the dragon scooped the prince up into his toned arms and swept him from the bed, holding him tight to his chest.

The prince's face flushed beyond red, remembering that he only had a long puffy shirt on. "W-wait, I'm not decent!"

"The hell you are," Kyriakos grumbled irritably, carrying the royal from his bed chambers, out into the hallway. Mere footsteps later, they were in the main chamber of the cave that held most of the elves, who had been cleaning the caves and decorating with floral leaves and such that made the air inside the dank crevices a little more breathable.

Kyriakos set the adolescent down on his feet, just as children and teens ran to greet them. Some pulled at Alex's hands, wanting to play with him, even though there was a language barrier.

As Alex set eyes on Istas, he found that istas was looking at him, as well. He smiled nervously, and felt something grip his arm tight.

Kyriakos looked between Istas and his prince, who seemed to be having a moment. A deep, possessive rumble came from the dragon's throat as he grabbed hold of his arm tightly, moving in front of him slightly.

Alex looked up at his captor with confusion. "What?"

"Perhaps you were right," Kyriakos grumbled. "Maybe you need more clothes." Again, Alex blushed.

"I have clothes for you." A heavily accented elfen woman walked closer and bowed, outstretching arms that held a brown flannel shirt and polished leather boots. Alex beamed and nodded his thanks, but as he went to put the shirt on, Kyriakos did so for him.

It was really a show more than it was Kyriakos doing something for the boy. He was showing that Alex was his, hopefully defusing any desires the elfen race may have held for the cute innocent. Kyriakos would not relinquish control over his toy...

Alex shivered when he felt Kyriakos' warm hands brush down his sides as the shirt was fitted over his bare skin. It was snug and perfect. But so were Kyriakos's hands, those of which he wished would touch him more often. At the realization of his thoughts, his face contorted to a bright red.

Kyriakos turned to address the elves.

"As I'm aware, many of you are good hunters. But you are weak, and pathetic." He was incapable of being gentle with them, seeing as they were living under his roof now. They needed a strong hand, and he was sure as hell not going to be the one to give it to them. He was just there to order them around. They were his temporary slaves, after all.