Chapter 3

Someone's p.o.v

After what seemed a very dark and lonely sleep, I finally woke. Woke up in a weird and sad place. All I can remember is falling asleep on that dirty wooden floor after John had kicked me...then nothing. How did I get here? I look infront of me and see concrete floors ? And just past them I see bars, like a cage...another cage.

My head and bum hurt so much, stinging and a numb feeling shot up my back to my head which only did a loop back down to my hip...something's wrong.

slowly I sat up and looked around my new surroundings...but that was it , my surroundings were walls and bars.. I could hear crying and screaming coming from the other side of my walls....so many different calls of pain and suffering surrounded me. Some sounded so young ...so lonely and lost. I looked outside my cage door to see a small cage opposite me with a little ...a little boy in it. He was small and skinny with dirty brown hair. He laid still on the hard cold ground , laying on his arm as you could only just hear small whimpers over the screaming and crying.

" Hey?..." I asked going up to my door and holding the bars. " hey ...little boy ?" I whispered seeing him peek up over his arm. A river of tears had made it's way down his cheeks, making lines as they cleaned his face from the dirt. He was so tiny ... I just wanted to hold him"

" hey ....hey come on ...." I said not knowing what to do , watching as he laid on his stomach , leaning up on his elbows looking at me with soft eyes.

" what's your name ?" I asked before quickly scrunching up my nose as a loud high pitch siren went off , making the little boy put his face against the concrete screaming in pain ....crying so much that he started hiccuping and kicking his legs against the ground wanting the noise to stop.

I quickly went to cover my ears but I stopped as I didn't feel them...I felt - My hair was wet with a thick, gluey substance . I felt around a bit more and let a few tears spill ...as my ears weren't there.

" oh god...." I cried, feeling sick in my stomach as I slowly felt behind me for my tail and feeling nothing but a patch ...it was gone....what am I?

Now I knew why...I know why the kids are screaming so loudly , in so much pain...they can't hear them selves properly...probably only hearing a blurred version of what they actually sounded like.

I looked around my cage, crying like a boy who's lost his mum .

" Hello?!" I cried out, the sickening feeling in my stomach growing as I looked around more , hearing small children ...baby's crying for their mothers. Crying for a hold. Crying for glance of someone's attention to help them with their pain .Crying for help , but to no avail....no one listens to that little boy or girl sitting down here , all alone as they gripped the bars of their crib or cage. Confused on why an adult...why a bigger person that they once looked up to for guidance would leave them alone. I don't think that it's the pain making them cry, it's the alone part. I've been alone ...physically and mentally , I've been surrounded by people and that's probably when I've felt most alone in life ...

Looking back at the little boy he was looking at me with Hopeful eyes, as he saw me standing ...saw me as a big person who will help him. I smiled at him as he smiled back, copying my mood as he sat up a bit looking lost . Looking at his head his ears were gone and all that was left was a red stain in his hair that I didn't seem to notice before . What is this place?.

Sitting back down I felt around my head, feeling lost. I didn't know what to do as what I am ...isn't what I am anymore. I'm more of freak now then what I was before, because now , I'm not a hybrid, or a boy ....I'm a weird malfunction that ought to be thrown out.

I wish ...I wish I could be with my brother

If I was then I wouldn't have to worry about all this , I wouldn't have to worry about what this world was or is becoming. It wouldn't worry me anymore and I could rest. Rest and be with my family in heaven , maybe I'll even have my ears again?

On the wall infront of me , seeing the plain concrete wall made me wonder ...when does it end? When does the time come that you stop regretting , stop the sadness , stop feeling bad? Is there a time in your life when it stops? Or does it stop only to get worst ?

My thoughts wonder as another round of that high pitch siren came through the cages, the boy across from me cried and screamed , holding his head and reaching an arm out of his cage towards me , wanting me to help...and I will.

Slowly I stood back up, ignoring the pain in my lower back as I walked over to my cage door and shook it forcefully. Hearing it rattle and bat against the wall.

" Shhhh okay? I'm coming " I said to him as he jumped on the spot and kept his arm out to hold. I looked around the cage and saw no hope of escape as it was basically a concert box with a cage door . " Harry..." I whined as the door stayed put no matter how much I shook it.

Sighing I stepped backwards , looking at the boy shake his hand for me to take.

" I'm sorry ..." I cried sliding down the wall and gripping my hair. " I'm sorry " I whispered watching him scream and scrunch his face up , needing attention ...he didn't want attention , he needed it , which made my heart brake as I couldn't get to him.

I looked down ashamed , it felt horrible to look away from him as if I was ignoring his pain and pretending he wasn't there.

Good one ,

Your pathetic,

You deserve the best of the worst.

These were the words that floated around my mind as I continued to rub my hands together forcefully and cry.

The crys of the little boys and girls made me feel horrible and there was only one thing that I could think of .

"...Caterpillar in the tree, how you wonder who you'll be

can't go far but you can always dream

Wish you may and wish you might

Don't you worry, hold on tight.

I promise you there will come a day

Butterfly fly away..." I sang loudly, Slowly the kids pain filled cries dimmed and all that was left was small whimpers.

I can feel these four walls slowly closing' in. Moving to the bars of my cage, I can't see much, but what I can hear is kids waiting for more comfort , the occasion rattle of caged doors or whimper made me know that. Is this really my life?It happen so fast that I didn't even get to process that I was moving at all...that's how it works I guess. It happens so quickly that were stuck in the past even though were living in the future.

I need to pick myself up. I need to get out of here....I need to get these kids out of here and I need to find My brother My last plan for my last adventure. After this I'm home free...I just hope when I find Harry he doesn't mind a few ...lots of little additions to our family.