Chapter 19

A month passed by and Ruby couldn’t have wanted a better life. After her conversation with Skye she was a bit withdrawn since she was continuously lost in her thoughts about why her parents didn't want her but then she would look over at Skye and her heart throbbed in a pleasant way and she just couldn’t make herself care after a while. And as promised, Ruby did open up more and Skye was loving the change. Ruby was unpredictable and would randomly pounce on her when she was doing her homework attacking her with those luscious lips she loved…not that Skye would complain of course. Isabel and Jack were also spending a lot of time at Skye’s house because Isabel and Ruby loved spending time together and as time passed Jack and Skye grew really close as well. So many days Ruby and Isabel could be found in either Ruby’s old room or the kitchen just chatting about random things while Jack and Skye talked and worked on their homework like good students in the living room.

         Today however was Friday and Jack and Isabel were told to get home early because company was coming over so Skye and Ruby actually had a day to themselves. Ruby actually had something she wanted to talk to Skye about and of course Skye knew something was up but she was just waiting for her girlfriend to come with her when she was ready. They had just gotten home and where looking around the kitchen to find something to eat when Ruby decided to just ask what she wanted. She was standing hesitantly by the counter as Skye rifled through the fridge making a mental note to go shopping before the store closed. “Um…Skye?” she looked up at her nervous girlfriend and she instantly stood up going to stand beside her. “What’s up hun?” Ruby bit her lip, “There’s uh a few things I wanted to talk to you about…one is more of a request while the other is something I’ve been worrying about for a while and I just uh wanted to know what you think.” Skye nodded and took Ruby’s hand taking her to out to the back porch to help Ruby relax a little.

       Obviously it worked and Ruby leaned into Skye as they sat in silence while Ruby collected her thoughts. “The request is um…do you think we could go visit my parents?” Skye watched Ruby’s face carefully, “Are you certain you want to?” Ruby nodded with a determined look on her face. “Yes, I’ve been thinking about it for a while and I think if you would’ve asked me a month and a half ago I would’ve said absolutely not but now I think I'm ready and I really want to meet them. I would also like for you to come cuz I can’t do it myself.” Ruby blushed slightly and smiled shyly at Skye who giggled before leaning over to kiss Ruby softly. “Well if you’re certain we can go see them tomorrow if you want.” Ruby nodded happily and kissed Skye once more. The two got lost in each other for a moment before a breathless Ruby finally pulled away after remembering her other important topic.

        “Wait I still have something to show you,” Skye whined softly not wanting to stop as she trailed kisses along Ruby’s neck loving the shiver that went through her girlfriend’s body. The most they’ve ever done was make out and fondle the other but Skye’s limit was slowly nearing, especially because Ruby would randomly start teasing her just to than cuddle and fall asleep in Skye’s arms. “We can wait till later,” Skye nibbled on the sensitive part of Ruby’s neck that she knew would bring out a moan and she wasn’t disappointed at all. “But…mm Skye we also have to get food.” Ruby bit her lip as Skye’s hands began running up her shirt.

       Groaning Skye pulled away with an adorable pout on her face knowing her girlfriend was right, doesn’t mean she was going to like it. “Fine…what should we do first?” Ruby bit her lip and Skye had to keep herself from crashing her lips back against Ruby’s, her girlfriend had no idea how sexy she looked when she did that and Skye just couldn’t focus on anything else. At least till Ruby talked, “Let’s get some food first because what I have to show you is in the woods.” Skye raised a questioning eyebrow but nodded her head anyways as they got up and made up a list of what they needed.

          An hour later and they had finally gotten home and were beginning to put the stuff away when Skye could no longer contain her curiosity. “So, what exactly are you going to show me?” nervously Ruby toyed with the salt shaker in her hands, “Umm…you know how I can like call the wind to me right?” Skye nodded and waited as Ruby sighed, “Well…I was curious if it could be possible to turn into a weapon but I felt like I needed help to kinda form a type of weapon you know? So when we spent those unfortunate weeks not talking I went and bought a fan because it’s the only thing I could picture would work. After I got that I went to the woods one night and what I did…well I have something to show you…”

          Curiosity won over and Skye followed a nervous Ruby deep into the woods that surrounded most of the town. It wasn’t far walk from where they lived but to Ruby the walk seemed to take hours rather than just ten minutes. The fan Ruby bought was actually really pretty and Skye really liked it and she of course noticed the fact that the fan was purple and she felt warm when she saw that. But what she saw next made her jaw drop. There were giant stones roughly her size that were cut clean through the middle in a way that was obviously unnatural. “You did that?” Ruby nodded and fidgeted nervously as Skye inspected the rocks, “I joined the wind with the fan and formed a blade in my mind in the form of the wind and when I swiped my arm with the fan a blade shot out and cut that stone in half. I had to make sure I wasn’t dreaming so I came back and did it a few more times and well…you see the end result.” Ruby grew silent as Skye walked around the rocks. “Wow Ruby…just wow. One, this is amazing, and two it is slightly terrifying but at least I don’t have to worry about you getting attacked by some crazy guy when you walk home alone like you tend to do.” Ruby blushed and nodded, “Yea it is pretty terrifying.”

          Skye moved over to Ruby and kissed her softly, “Relax baby girl, it doesn’t mean you’re dangerous. You just have to be careful about this okay?” Ruby nodded and relaxed a little bit when she was reassured that Skye wouldn’t freak out and leave her. They went home and spent the rest of the day cuddled up on the couch with each other feeling completely relaxed in each other’s arms. Skye knew more about Ruby and Ruby was just happy that Skye hadn’t left her. Ruby’s fears vanished as she snuggled closer to Skye and Skye held Ruby closer loving how warm and natural it felt to hold Ruby in her arms.

~~

A/N: Just a little update to show where my girls are at in their relationship and the prelude to future events. If you like this than please look forward to my next update where Ruby meets her parents for the first time!! Not to mention a special appereance by a few extra people :D Hope you enjoyed and I Hope You Have A Lovely Day~