Chapter 9

Celeste's POV

I was on my way to Ares's house. He called me this morning and asked me to come home as soon as I can. I wonder what happened.

Once I parked my car outside his house, I walked in. Just as I entered inside, Cleo ran towards me, and I picked her up in my arms, kissing her cheeks.

"How's my baby girl?" I asked her as I walked towards the living room with her in my arms.

"Happy." She giggled.

"May I know the reason why you're so happy today?" I asked and she nodded her head rapidly. She looks so happy.

"Put me down, Mommy." She wriggled in my arms, and I placed her down carefully.

"Okay. Now tell me. Why are you smiling about?" I asked with a smile, and she shook her head in dismay.

"Look at my t-shirt, Mommy?"

A soon as I looked at her t-shirt, my eyes widened. Oh my God!

"Will you marry my Daddy?" was written on her small t-shirt.

"Where's your Daddy?" I asked her, and she smiled while pointing behind me.

I turned around but didn't see Ares till I looked down. Oh my God! He's on his knee! With a diamond ring in his hand! My hands went up to cover my open mouth. I can't believe this!

"Celeste Jones. I know we haven't been dating very long, but I want you to know that I love you from the bottom of my heart. I am totally addicted to you. My feelings for you grow every day, and my love grows deeper with every passing minute. You mean so much to me. All I want is to spend the rest of my life with you."

"So, if you'll have me with my daughter, I would like you to be my wife." He smiled as he spoke and I couldn't stop my eyes from tearing.

"Will you marry me, Baby?" He asked, and I just kept looking at him with tears rolling down my cheek. This is really happening!

Before I could answer him, Cleo ran beside Ares and got down on her knee as well while holding a cute, small handmade ring.

"Will you be my Mommy forever, Mommy?" She asked me, and that was when I broke down crying. Oh my God, this is perfect for me!

I nodded my head instantly, and bend down to their level.

"Yes." I said to both of them, and they brimmed with joy. Ares put his ring on the ring finger of my left hand, and Cleo inserted her ring on the ring finger of my right hand.

Ares kissed me and engulfed me in a hug, and I pulled Cleo along in the hug. This is the happiest day of my life. I knew I will always love them no matter what. Finally, we are together. As a family.

Six years later

"Eros! Did you break the vase?" I asked my five year old son, Eros after looking at the broken vase mess on the floor.

"No, Mommy. Eros didn't do anything. It was me." Cleo said.

"Cleo. You know you will get punished for lying." I told her. She's always protecting her brother. I very well know its Eros. He's always breaking things.

"No, Mommy. Don't punish Cleo. I did it." Eros said as he hugged his sister's legs.

Both of them love each other so much, and wouldn't want either one of them getting punished. I don't even have the heart to punish either of them, but Eros is always breaking things, and Cleo always covers up for him.