Chapter 15.

Daniel and I were never able to discuss what happened that day. We kinda just tried to forget about it. Daniel and I have been getting a lot closer. It was as if were best friends again. People would always be surprised when Daniel would walk upto the IT room and have a friendly chat with me. People in the office loved me and respected me because I was able to "soften up" Daniel. I don't really know what that means. Everything was going great. I had my best friend back, I was nearly able to finish my job, Coby and I are still going strong, and so much more great things. Life was great.

But...

All that happiness had to come with a price...

"Hey! V!" Daniel calls out to me. I turn around to face him. H greets me with a big hug.

"Want a ride?" He asks

"Uhmmmm sure! I'm not in the mood to take a taxi anyways." I shrug. He grins and takes my hand as we walk to his limo.

We laugh and talk all the way home. When we reached home, he walked me to the door.

"S-so uhm V...I was uh...wondering...if you might want to uhm...goondatewithme?"

"Uhm? Repeat the last part please?" I ask

"Will you...go on a date with me?" He asks. He looks straight into my eyes with a hopeful look. My breath hitches in my throat. I didn't tell him yet...

"Daniel...you're a great guy and all...but.."

"V, I know I've hurt you, but please give me a chance. I promise I will never hurt you ever again. I promise I will treat you better. Please. Just one more chance. That's all I'm asking." He begs. He steps closer, trapping me against the door. My heart was pounding as he got closer. He raised his hand and caressed my cheek.

"Please..." he whispers

What came next...ruined me. It broke me...

Daniel pressed his lips against mine. He didn't just peck it. He kissed me full on the lips. I was paralyzed and in shock. He had me pressed against the door. My mind went blank. I didn't kiss back-I didn't move.

I  snapped back into reality when I heard a familiar voice.

"Verdana?"

Daniel pulled away and turned around quickly. He saw...

"Coby" I whispered softly. My eyes widened. I took hesitant steos towards him.

"Coby...It isn't what it looks like." I say, my voice cracking as I talk.

"I knew it...I knew it...You'd find someone better than me...I'm not good enough..." he says

"No...Coby, please hear me out."i beg him. My eyes fill with tears

"Verdana..." he starts sobbing

"I knew it was too good to be true" he sobs

"Coby...no..." I stand face to face with him. I put my hand on his cheek but he slaps it away. He shakes his head at me and runs away. I try ti run after him but he was able to find a taxi.

"COBY!!" I yell after him. I fall onto my knees as I sobbed. My mind hasn't fully processed what just happened. Everything felt like a blur. I couldn't focus. I couldn't concentrate.

Happiness always comes with a price...Too much happiness; too much sadness. Right now, I was overwhelmed with sadness.

////////////////////////