Chapter 21.

I woke up with the familiar pounding headache that I've been experiencing. I groan and stretched my limbs. They ached so much. My eyes adjusted to my surroundings. I saw Andrew and Daniel both sleeping in the chairs next to me. They looked dead tired.

I quietly creeped outside and desperately looked for some aspirin or something. When I couldn't find anything,  I banged my head on the counter. This only made my head ache worse. Dammit.

"Looking for this?" I heard a voice say from behind me. I turned around and saw Daniel holding up the aspirin.

"Oh my gosh. Yes. Please."

He hands it to me and I greedily take it. I grabbed a glass and swallowed the medicine down. I dragged myself onto the chair by the breakfast table.

"How you feeling?" He asks

"Same as I've been feeling for the past few days, like shit." I say

"V...do you remember what happened last night?" He asks

"Entering the club."

"And?"

"Ordering a lot of drinks."

"And??"

"That's it." I say honestly. It hurts trying to remember.

"Oh...okay. Well, I found you in front of the pub and took you back to my house. I called up a very worried Andrew and he stayed over as well." He explains

"Mmm...okay..."

It's silent for a while before I speak up.

"This is just terrible. I can't remember what happened last night or the other nights before that, but I can remember what happened with Coby as clear as day."

"God...it hurts more than this pounding head ache." My eyes fill with tears at the mere thought of him.

"V...I know it hurts, but drinking is not gomna do anything. It can't take away heart ache. Trust me. I've been there." He says

"I remember that every time I was upset cause I hurt you or every time I was jealous, I would always go out and drink. It's cause of my sickness...the cause of our relationship ending..."

"I'm really sorry for doing...that. I didn't know that you've moved on already...I really missed you. To this day, I still love you. Unfortunately...you don't love me back." He says

"Daniel..."I look up at him. He had tears in his eyes.

"I thought...I thought that you would wait for me. I thought that I would get back to you soon enough. I thought that you and I could still be together. But I should've known that you'd move on...this wasn't some cliché love story. This was real life and sometimes things don't always go the way you want it too."

"Being with you was one of the best things that ever happened to me. It was the best time of my life...but all good things must come to an end. It hurts a lot to let you go, but you and your heart belongs to someone else now. I guess I'll just have to move on." He finally faces me for the first time since he started talking. He smiled sadly at me. Tears were streaming down his face. All you could see behind hiss eyes were immense saddness.

"I'm sorry I left. I'm sorry I hurt you so many times. I'm sorry I was so terrible to you. I'm sorry I always put you in so much pain. I'm so sorry, V. I am so so sorry." His tears kept flowing down without stopping. My own tears were falling as well. We were both a crying mess. I couldn't speak.

"I'm sorry to intrude, but I think you should forgive him, V. It's a great way to start getting back to the right path." Andrew says from the stairs. I couldn't do anything but nod. Andrew was right...things are going down hill and to get back in track, I need to start by forgiving Daniel.

Daniel hugs me tightly and we all share a group hug. Many tears were shed that day. Tears of sadness and tears of joy.

But...

It won't end there

//////////////

AHHHHH!!!! I JUST GOT 100K READS ON IF ONLY!!!! GUYS I'M ABOUT TO CRY

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ IT. IN HONOR OF THIS, I WILL GO AN UPDATE SPREE FOR BUT...

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. THANK YOU.  ❤❤
                                                   ~AB