XII:Realization and Accusations

Chloe

"Don’t be scared." Chris said, hesitantly rubbing my back. I breathed slowly, unbuckling my seat belt. I climbed out the car and tugged at the bottom of the shirt I wore. Looking up at my house everything felt so foreign. When I felt Chris’ presence next to mine, I walked up to the front steps. Blood was splattered all on them.

I felt tears brimming in my eyes as I touched the bandage on the back of my neck. He could have killed me.

I knocked on the door lightly, considering I had none of my things. No phone, no keys, nothing at all on me. I felt shuffling behind the door and then it swung up revealing my mother and father with very worried looks.

"Chloe!" they mouth shouted, pulling me into a tight hug.

"We have been worried sick about you, where were you?" my father asked, leading me and Chris in. I looked down my heart racing.

"I-i need to tell you guys something." I began to shake and my breathing became very unsteady.

"Go ahead honey." my mother said, rubbing my back gently.

By now tears were rolling down my cheeks and my body was shaking uncontrollably, the events of last night replying in my head.

"I-i.." I stirred but wasn’t able to finish, I looked to Chris for guidance. He sighed and lowered his head, in complete shame, he finished it off.

"Chloe was rapped last night coming home from her party. The guy who raped her dumped her on my front steps naked, bloody, and bruised. I took her to the police station to file a report and t the hospital. She had a few minor cuts, but he could have killed her when he tried to get a hold of her."

"Oh my gosh!" my mother shrieked, pulling me into her body. 

            I didn’t know what to say. What was there to say? It already happened and it can’t be taken back now. I just don’t understand why this happened to me? I never did anything wrong. I don’t do anything to purposefully hurt anybody. Why did this happen to me?

            I feel like I can’t even move properly. I feel dirty. I feel violated. I feel… weak.

            “Do you guys have any idea who did this to my baby girl?” my mother shrieked. I felt the tears that were flowing down her face drop onto my forehead. They ran down my face and mixed with the tears that were already falling from my eyes.

            “Chloe, do you remember who did this to you? Do you remember the face? Do you remember anything?” my mother pleaded. I tried to think but I couldn’t. The only thing I can remember is being knocked to the ground and then the pain I felt throughout the lower half of my body. I shook my head rapidly.

            “Oh sweetie!” my mother cried, tightening her grip around me. I looked up at my father who was pacing back and forth like a madman. “Daddy, calm down,” I mumbled.