Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

While the pack doctor checked Alex's body, I laid there and held his hand. He had been unconscious for 2 days now and I hardly left his side. I couldn't think of anything else but Alex and when he is going to wake up.

My mum tried to reassure that he was going to be okay and even tried to convince to get some rest but I couldn't leave his side.

Lucy even showed up and tried to cheer me up and I appreciated her presence; I began to like her company a lot. She told me Drew was sorry and that he was just worried but I knew he made a mistake so I just smiled at her and shook my head.

"Luna, he may wake in the next few hours." The pack doctor said with a smile on his face.

I restrained myself from jumping and dancing in the room. I and my wolf ached for his presence; also the guilt that it was my fault didn't help it. I was stupid to just go there when I knew Alex could take care of himself but I couldn't stop myself.

"Thank you for taking care of him." I told him and I meant it.

"It is just my job and there is no pack without an alpha to look after it." He said before leaving the room and I just stared after him.

It was obvious how everyone in the pack respected and loved Alex, he was everything a pack could ask for and I heard many of the pack say he is the best alpha so far.

I snuggled into Alex's side and laid my head on his chest, I almost whimpered when he didn't wrap his hand around me. I have been waiting for him to talk to me, embrace me and tell me everything is going to be okay for 2 days and I was more than glad to know he is going to wake up soon.

"Alex, please wake up. I need you here with me." I whispered in his ear before kissing his cheek.

"Elizabeth. You need to rest! This isn't good for you." Lucy told me, entering the room, while raising her hands to demonstrate her point.

"He is going to wake up in a few hours and I want to be here when he wakes up." I said sharply before looking back at Alex. When are you going to wake up Alex?

Lucy walked over and gave me pleading eyes. "I consider you now as my friend and I am to look after you. You better suck it up and get up now because you need to rest for a while."

I glanced at Alex one time and I willingly accepted Lucy's hand and she led me to the kitchen and I saw her prepare something for me to eat.

Just a shower and sleep for an hour then I will go back.

With it, I smiled at her and was about to thank her when my eyes noticed the mark at her neck. I sucked a breath, how didn't I notice it before.

Drew marked her and I didn't believe it happened so fast when just 3 days they had a problem with each.

"He marked you?" I asked with a smirk and she immediately blushed, looking anywhere but me.

"Yes," She sighed as she touched the mark before meeting my eyes. "He just done it all of sudden, he didn't even ask! He just did it like I had no opinion in it." She growled and I could see she was angry.

"You aren't the only one actually whose mate is like this." I gnawed at my buttom lips.

I remembered how Alex marked me the first day I came here, I was so angry at him. I even attempted to escape from him.

I smiled at the memory; we had came a long way since then and I was happy for it. I was glad my escape attempt failed because if it did succeed, I know I wouldn't be here right now with Alex.