Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

"Elizabeth?''

My eyes were closed, I tried opening my eyes but it was hard. I had a headache and I felt like I couldn't move.

"Come on baby, wake up." A soft, husky voice whispered in my ears and I felt fingers caressing my cheek.

Alex

I tied to wake up, open my eyes or make any sound but I was unable to even utter one word. I panicked and sat up quickly but the pounding in my head increased as I let out a whimper while holding my head.

Arms wrapped about my body as he pushed me down on the bed and ran his hand through my hair, his eyes were full of concern worry and guilt.

What happened to me?

Waking up feeling disoriented, any move made the pounding in my head increase and it took a great effort to open my eyes.

Finally it clicked, I was drugged and I already know who did it, judging by the guilt look in his eyes, then I decided to do something which I didn't regret.

The sound of the slap echoed throughout the bedroom.

Alex's head turned to the side but when he looked at me, his eyes were narrowed and he went to grab me.

I moved away from him, I was furious now. I know Alex did horrible things and I have forgiven him but I couldn't take the idea of someone drugging me and the fact that it was my mate who did it.

"Why did you do it?" I asked shakily as I looked at him, I didn't need to tell him what 'it' is because I am sure he understood.

His eyes held so much remorse and guilt that I felt bad for him.

Stop it Elizabeth! he is just acting to make you forgive him

He crouched in front of me and reached for me.

"Stay away." I punched him in the chest , my fists hitting him over and over again.

He held me by the shoulders, eyes never leaving my face, he didn't move as I continued my assault on him until I was exhausted. I fell backward, my fists throbbing. I was about to slap him again but he grabbed my wrist.

"Once I will take but not twice." He told me as he shook his head. When I relaxed my arm, he let me go.

"We need to talk about this." He said firmly and I know there is no point in arguing with him.

I didn't want him anywhere near me now but I wanted to know the reason he drugged me. I finally nodded to him to explain.

"There was a bloodbath, Elizabeth." He told me then ran his hand through his hair, something that he does when he frustrated about something.

"Between who?" I asked slowly as I was trying to process that there was a bloodbath, which was strange because the last thing I remember was Drew's mate who left and me talking to Drew and then he gave me a drink.

The drink must have something in it because I was sure that whatever was in the drink made me drunk and I also knew that Alex mind linked Drew to do it but that didn't stop my anger towards Drew now.

"Our pack and your father's group." He said darkly, his voice was full of venom and he looked ready to murder someone.

I didn't forgot about my father, I just wished I would never hear or see him again but I knew it won't be that easy since my father has something to do with Alex's parents.

"Is anyone hurt?" I told him, my voice was now shaky as I was worried that anyone got hurt from the pack. I didn't have the best relationship with the pack but that was because I didn't get anytime to be with them; mainly because too many things happened.