Chapter 47

Darkness.

The moon hid behind the clouds, taking the bit of light it provided. Jake's head swirled from different angles, in search of his friend. The water was cold as ice and he shuddered. One of the reasons Jake despised the approach of winter. Swimming further out in the endless battle of waters, he noticed a body lying on a bundle of huge rocks face down. His heart was pounding. No! He fought against the waves, that covered his body; Pulling him deeper under the water. Jake gasped for breath as his head resurfaced. The freezing water was slowing his body down as he made it to the rocks. He paused for a few minutes before he retained his strength to climb. He knew it wasn't Joshua's body before he turned it around. This man had short hair and a much older body. His face was filled with blood, unrecognizable. 

Jake began to tremble from the night and the thought of losing Joshua. He stood on the rocks, his hands running through his damped hair. Joshua where are you? His reddened eyes swept over the body of water around him. Nothing. The cloud finally released the moon which shone down on the dark waters with all its glory. Jake ran his hands over his face, getting rid of the lingering water. It was then he noticed the body floating in the distance. Joshua's black jacket made him blend in with the dark waters, along with his hair. Jake was back in the water, by the second.

"Foxie do you see them!"David asked, climbing on top of the rocks not far from the small shore. They had climb down layers of rocks that stood with arrogance at the side of cliff, to try and aid Jake when he found Joshua's body, if he was successful.

David almost lost his balance on a rock as he proceeded to stand. Blast it with all these bloody rocks! "Do you see Jake !"His voice projected to match that of the roaring wind. 

Foxie stood hands on hips, staring at the sea. It was very dark. Her gaze found that of the moon who was finally escaping the clouds grasped, with a smiled Foxie started her search once more. She saw a figure standing on the rocks a short moment before plunging into the water.

"There! I saw him!"She pivots her head to look at David. "he was on those rocks over there!"She indicated, with a pointed finger. 

David couldn't understand how she saw a body over at the rocks. His eyes squinted; he couldn't see a bloody thing! "Where are you going?"Foxie climb down off the rocks and into the water. She looked up at him. 

"Stay here, the water is very cold. It wouldn't do any good if we all got soaked."She said before swimming towards where she saw Jake. He might need help. The freezing water would no doubt slow him down or kill him. David felt defenseless as he watched from a distance. 

Jake grabbed hold of Joshua's body, turning the body on its back. He held his breath at the gash at the side of his head. The waves probably battered his head against the rocks. Shit! He wrapped his arm around Joshua's pale neck and started to swim back with him. By the time he made it from behind the rocks. His entire body trembled with violence; he could hardly get his arm and feet to move.

Jake stilled, hovering in the water. He couldn't swim any further. He looked at Joshua's pale face, unmanly Tears surface to his eyes like the rising of the sun. Please god don't let him, die. He floated in the water, letting it rock him gently his forehead met Joshua's and Jake found himself drifting into deep slumber.
Darkness.

***

Victoria reclined in the soft padded armchair near the window, where streams of sunlight brighten the bedchamber. Her eyes remained closed, a stranger to the new arising morning. The sleeping form on the bed started to move and make incoherent noises. She stirred a little and rested her chin in her hand, her elbow stood firmly on the arm of the chair, supporting her. Over the passed few weeks, she had became a doctor's assistant. Victoria was weary. The noises continued as Minutes flew by. Victoria finally jolted awake when her head slid off the palm of her hands. She rubbed her eyes reviving herself awake and sighed with sluggish shoulders as she gazed upon the body on the fourposter bed before surging to her feet.