Illegally Legal: ~~ Chapter One ~~

Chapter one

 “I- I- l-love” he gasped breathlessly “y-you” he finished his voice hoarse and thick with pain.

The simple words burnt me to the depth of my core. Staining my heart like ink. My thoughts unclear I felt my heart crumble from fear of never hearing these words leave his rosy red lips again. I fell to my knees unable to support my weight anymore the rain gluing my hair unattractively to my forehead. But I could care less at the moment. My heart thumping in my chest stopped for a second I didn’t know why they touched me so much this time. Maybe it’s because I knew I might not hear it again? I breathed unevenly gasping for air. The rain hit my skin like a thousand needles each drop stinging my smooth bare skin. My hands shaking terribly tears stained my face mixed with rain water. The choas around me unheard I gripped his hand with my trembling hand.

I stared into his ocean like eyes as they whirled with so many emotions they held unspoken words. Unable to look away I treasured every second of the time I had with him I tried to smile weakly. “I love you too more than you’ll ever know Micky” I used my nick name for him. I smiled weakly at the memory of how he used to tell my off for calling him that saying that it made him sound like a girl.

“y-you know t-that I-I ohhhh” he groaned in pain his breathing fastening.

 “sshhh we’ll talk when you get better. You need all the energy you can get” I replied in a low whisper somehow unsure off my words will we ever talk again I finally broke eye contact and looked at the ground trying to cage the tears in my eyes.

“I-I love w-when y-you call me t-that” his voice came out weak. I sniffled leaning my head onto his hand I held onto.  

 “Sshh don’t cry” he whispered weakly “you know I don’t like to see you cry” he tried to wipe my tears away without succeeding. I roughly wiped them away with the back of my hand. Nodding my head I tried to stop the tears but no matter how hard I tried a tear always seemed to escape.

“P-promise me y-you won’t l-leave me” my voice begging needing him to reassure me that he’ll be here for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and next week forever I couldn’t bear to think of living without him.

“I-I can’t p-promise you Roxanna but you know I would n-never leave you if I h-had a choice. I’ll always be there for you a-and I-I w-want y-you t-to be h-happy” his breathing becoming ragged he sounded so exhausted and weak.

“I lov-” he groaned in pain. His painfillled groans made my heart clutch painfully he shut his eyes tightly why could it not have been me instead of him?

 He never got to finish his last words as his eyes never opened after my heart stopped beating for a second deathly silence eclipsed my ears blocking out all the other sounds his hand limp in the grasp. That’s when I knew it was over. I knew I’ll never to able to see his ocean like eyes or his beautiful voice or even his laugh or feel the warmth of his lips on mine or his arms around me making me feel safe or even hold his hand. It’s all been snatched from me snatched from right under my fingertips and right before my very own eyes. It like I lived in a dream world and finally I’m awake realising that happiness never lasts this is what this world has taught me.   

“No” I whispered more to myself the feeling of helplessness took over me. I shook my head as to shake away this bad dream “No no no” my voice becoming louder each time                                                                 “N-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” my scream filled with so much pain and sorrow I felt my heart break that minute my screams echoed through the streets tears rolling down my cheek unstoppably. “Michael Michael” I shook him violently feeling my insides die slowly I felt empty as if he stole everything I owned with him “Michael wake up come on. You can’t go y-yet. We s-still h-have our wh-whole lives ahead of u-us you can’t go just y-yet w-were go-going t-to grow old together remember? A-a-and have k-kids t-then you s-said we’ll go around t-the world t-together a-and you said nothing c-could c-come between us remember?”