Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I turned on my heel and quickly walked away. This was not how my first day was supposed to go. I wanted to fit in, not stand out like a sore thumb. I just wanted to be normal. To be able to leave my past in boston, where it belonged.

As I walked down the steps of the school, all I heard was whispers.

"Mass and Bass..."

"...Lost her virginity by 2nd period..."

"Upstaged Serena..."

The tears were coming, but they couldn't come here. I walked faster until I finally reached the sidewalk.

"Taxi!!" I yelled, waving my arms

"No need"

I turned to see none other than Chuck Bass leaning against a shiny black limo.

"Chuck..." I sighed.

He stuck his hands in his pockets and started to walk over to me.

"Are you really going to let gossip girl ruin your day. This is a daily thing for the upper east side, and the sooner you get used to it, the better. Besides, who wouldn't notice you?" he smirked, looking me up and down.

I gave him a menacing look.

He cleared his throat and straightened his bowtie before extending his hand.

"Just come with me and we can talk in the limo. Just talking, I promise. And I usually never say that but I feel respect for you. Congrats."

As if that was supposed to make me feel better? But...somehow it did. I dropped my arms and took his hand.

Here goes nothing...

----------------------------------------------

The limo revved and began to roll down the street. Chuck leaned forward, offering me a glass of champagne. I gladly took it, after my rough day I really needed to relax. He leaned back, looking deep into my eyes. He really was incredibly good looking. The silence finally ended as Chuck spoke up.

"What could you possibly be upset about? Your first day in the upper east side and you're already gossip girls main target."

He chuckled. "Impressive."

"Chuck..." I shook my head "you don't understand. I just wanted to fit in, I never wanted to start like this."

I chugged the rest of my drink as Chuck raised his eyebrows and poured me another one.

"Mass, listen-" Chuck started as the limo suddenly took a sharp turn and I ended up on Chucks lap.

I looked up at him, not sure what I should do. After a beat, I pulled myself back up onto my seat and smoothed out my skirt, pulling it down as I caught Chuck staring.

"I think..." Chuck tried again, smirking and swallowing the rest of his drink.

"I think I like you Massie."

------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for reading my story! Unfortunately wattpad (for some reason) hasn't been letting me view my comments? I'm on mobile so maybe they will show up otherwise.

Anyway I really appreciate any feedback and also follow me on twitter

@caylensguac

And tweet that my story sent you for a follow back!

you know I love you;)

xoxo