Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.

After a couple of hours of being awake, thinking about all the possibilities that this trip could bring me, I finally started getting sleepy. Even though Danielle’s loud snores were filling the room, I was way too tired to even care. Sighing before turning to face the window, I shut my eyes tightly and slowly drifted off to sleep.

It felt as if moments later I was awakened by Danielle hitting me with pillows followed by a couple of yelling attempts to wake me up.

“OH… Shut up….”  I groaned and buried my head into the pillow. “Wake up” she repeated. “No.” I refused. “Fine” she said and then started screaming. “Dani! Stop it!” I said angrily, while sitting up on the bed. “What?” she smiled innocently and giggled.

I got up and we went downstairs into the kitchen. We were in a hurry because the flight left in 2 hours and we still hadn’t eaten breakfast nor did we change clothes.

“Go change.” Danielle said in a hurry as I shoved down a piece a toast. “I’ll be right there.” I managed to say with a mouthful of food. I ran upstairs into the bathroom to change since I already had the clothes with me. I took a minute to look at myself in the mirror and noticed that my long, wavy, chocolate brown hair was a mess, so I quickly put it up in a messy bun. I grabbed some mascara and put some on to emphasize my green eyes with specks of blue. I didn’t want to wear that much make up, because I think little make up is “simple, but effective.” I took another minute to look at my eyes again. They were wide open and filled with excitement. I thought they were going to explode.

“Larissa!” yelled Danielle from downstairs, snapping me back into reality.

I sighed and said “This is it” to myself while closing my eyes to let my emotion settle in. After a moment, I opened my eyes and quickly headed towards the bedroom and grabbed my bright pink suitcase, heading down the stairs and nearly falling.

When I got downstairs I heard Danielle honking the horn from the car, letting me know that I needed to hurry up. I quickly grabbed my purse and made sure I had everything with me, especially my phone.

I got in the car and took one last look at my house that was across the street.  It looked peaceful yet lonely, and that was the moment I realized I was going to miss it.

Turning towards Danielle, I gave her a worried look.  She just rolled her eyes and started the car. We were already getting close to the airport and I started getting more nervous, I felt a knot in my stomach, because of the nervousness. I looked out the window, plugged my headphones in, and admired the last moments I would be in London. With a deep breath I listened to Harry’s solo and my heart just beat faster. I had no clue what was going on with me; I had never met this guy, yet I feel something for him. Trust me, it is a lot worse than it was with Josh Hutcherson.

Around half an hour passed and we arrived at the airport.

We got off the car quickly, grabbed our bags, and ran to meet the other dancers. I couldn’t help but notice that there was a guy looking at me; with a smirk on his face. He was nothing compared to my TV crush on Harry, but I’ll admit that he was good-looking.

He was a tall, fit, blonde boy with spikey hair and his deep blue eyes were still glued onto me.

I was blushing a bit and heard him chuckle while walking over to me. “Hey, my name’s Kendall.” He introduced himself, while holding out his hand for me to shake. “Larissa” I said timidly. “Nice to meet you, Larissa” he said along with a wink.

Honestly, I started feeling uncomfortable, but luckily Danielle saved me from that uncomfortable situation. She grabbed my arm and said “C’mon! I want you to meet the choreographer!”. I just let her drag me and lead the way.

She was a short, petite-framed woman, with shoulder length hair; dyed black with a couple of pink highlights, and deep grey eyes. She was beautiful. She was wearing a A&F sweat pant, high tops and a hoodie. She welcomed me with a smile and “Hi, my name’s Claire, I’m the choreographer.” “Larissa. Nice to meet you.” I answered back shyly.

“You’re the new dancer, right? Danielle has told us so much about you!” said Claire. I looked over to Danielle with wide eyes and she got the message, she just laughed.

“Flight 18 to Los Angeles, California leaves in 5 minutes”said a deep manly voice through the airport intercom, interrupting our conversation.

“Come on everybody! Let’s go!” yelled Claire to the other dancers.

Danielle and me just watched as they all headed towards the terminal in a straight line, like a bunch of preschoolers.

Danielle gave me a one armed hug and we followed behind.

As we got on the plane, I started scanning over the seats to see which one I would sit on. I had a wide grin on my face because I was so excited for this experience. Just thinking that I would live my dream and FINALLY get to meet Harry, was too exciting. That grin immediately wiped off my face when I saw whom I was going to sit next to. Kendall.

It’s not that I didn’t like Kendall… it’s just that he made me uncomfortable in different ways. With his constant staring, and overall just trying to flirt with me was weird. You get me right?

Anyways, when I finally reached the seats, I said to Kendall “Excuse me.”                                              He looked up, away from his phone, and his eyes lit up; like a little kid in a candy store, a huge smile spreading across his face. He immediately stood up and let me pass. I sat down quickly and put the seatbelt on.  I noticed that Kendall was just about to start talking, when Danielle pat me from behind. “Thank God.” I thought to myself and I turned around to smile back at her. I took the opportunity to take out my iPod and mute myself from the world and from Kendall mostly.

Staring out the airplane window, I saw a small park below, and how the beautiful spring flowers covered it, making it seem bright and happy. That all faded away, as we rose higher into the atmosphere, and all I could see were the clouds.

After a while, I started to get sleepy.  I didn’t get much sleep last night because of my constant thinking.

With one last look at the fluffy white clouds, I shut my eyes close and tried to sleep.

My head cocking to the side gently . . . . . .