Chapter 2: The Email.

Today's the day. Today's the day Mars will be choosing the winner for the contest. You're so nervous. You feel like your heart is going to beat right out of your chest. You know you have a very small chance of winning, but something in you makes you feel like you're going to win.

You decide you want to go to the mall to get your mind off of the contest. On your way there, you see Jared on the Gucci Guilty billboard.

"Great, I had the contest off my mind for fifteen minutes but of course I had to pass by this." You say to yourself nervously.

The contest has been off your mind for awhile now.

You just arrived at the mall. You head straight to Victoria's Secret to see if the chained faux diamond bralette you've been searching for for ages is there- and it is. You begin to feel so excited because you've been looking for it for the longest time and you FINALLY found it. Then, you look at the price tag. $75.

"Oh well, it's 100% worth it

"Oh well, it's 100% worth it." You say to yourself happily.

As you're walking to the check-out area, you bump into your best friend. They're a huge supporter of Mars too.

"OMG! How have you been? I haven't seen you in AGES!" You say excitedly.

"I've been amazing and right! We need to talk more" they say, "What're you up to today?"

"Mars is hosting a contest for two tickets to a concert of choice and their choosing the winners today. I came here so I could get it off my mind, i'm so nervous." You say anxiously.

"OMG! I NEVER KNEW ABOUT THIS! DO I STILL HAVE TIME TO ENTER?" They shout.

The whole store stares but you don't care.

"Yes! Winners get chosen in five hours, you better get to it!" You tell them, "You need to make a video of your goals, aspirations, and why you love Mars. If I win, you're going with me. I'll text you if I win or not!"

"And I'll do the same! Of course i'd take you with me. You love them more than anyone I know." They say, "Ah, I missed always having conversations about Jared & Mars with you." They say, "We need to catch up later. I'll message you when i'm done recording. Bye!"

"Bye!" You say.

You start heading to check-out again. Once you arrive, you hand the cashier your bralette and pay for it.

When you leave Victoria's Secret, you head straight to Barnes & Noble. "A Beautiful Lie" is the only Mars cd you don't have and you're dying to have your hands on it. You read on their website that they had it at this location so you go in to buy it.

Once it is paid for, you head straight out the mall.

When you arrive to your car, the first thing you do is stick the cd into the cd player. You turn up the volume all the way up and start singing.

"IT'S A BEAUTIFUL LIEEEEEE, IT'S A PERFECT DENIALLL, SUCH A BEAUTIFUL LIE TO BELIEVE IN, SO BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, IT MAKES ME."

On your way home, you pass the Gucci Guilty billboard again but this time, you start swerving off the road because you start drooling over Jared.

"Fuck, he's so beautiful. Wow" You say.

You finally gain concentration again and start driving correctly.

The second you arrive home, you get a text from your friend.

"Hey Y/N! I just finished recording and editing. Where do I need to submit the video to?" They ask.

"There's a link on Mars's twitter, it's the fourth tweet down." You reply.

"Thanks! I'll text you again once the winners are chosen. Two hours, ahhhhhh!" They reply back. You can already see the expression on their face.

There's really no need to reply to that text, so you just ignore it. They'll understand.

*An hour and forty-five minutes later*

Fifteen minutes left. Your heart is racing. You're so nervous.

It's time. For some reason, you have more anxiety than you have ever had before.

You check Mars's twitter. Their recent tweet says they had emailed the winner.

"Wow they're actually on time for once." You say to yourself as you giggle.

"Okay, Y/N, this is not a time to joke around, it's a time to be serious." You say to yourself.

You exit Twitter and go to your email hesitantly. When you open the app, no email. You swipe down to refresh, still no email. You start crying. You know you had a small chance of winning, but this could be your only chance to ever see them live. You knew you shouldn't have gotten your hopes up, that was a huge mistake.

You text your friend saying you didn't win. They didn't either.

You check twitter and you see that one of your mutuals has won. You tweet her to congratulate her.

You shut your phone off and throw it to the ground. You cuddle with all of your blankets and stare at the wall.

"Why are you overreacting, Y/N?" You tell yourself, "You never know, you may have another chance in the future."

You fall asleep.

Three hours later, you wake up. You can feel your dried up tears on your face, so you go to the bathroom and clean it off.

Once you're finished, you walk back to your room, pick up your phone, and turn it back on. You check your emails again right away even though the winner was already chosen.

"New email from Jared Leto"

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT THE FUCK." You yell as you open the email shakily.

"Dear Y/N,

I really enjoyed your video, but the boys chose another persons video.
We did not ALL agree to choosing that video, therefore, here's two eTickets (electronic tickets) to a concert of choice. There's one rule, you cannot tell anyone except for the person you're taking because I'd get in major trouble. Anyways, I hope to see you there! Have a nice night, Ciao! Xo

With love,
Jared Leto"

You start freaking out. You're shaking and crying so much. The fact that Jared fucking Leto liked YOUR VIDEO. You start crying even more.

"I hope to see you there"
"Xo"
"With Love"

"HOLY SHIT, WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?" You ask yourself

"I hope to see you there.. I hope to see you there.. I-" You keep repeating to yourself.

You text your friend the news.

"HOLY SHIT WHRJSJFJJXJCJAUZJCJAICUAICKJAJFJWNRNNJC IM SO HAHDJWJXJAJ OH MH GOSH IM SO HAPPY!" They reply

"ME TOO I CAN'T BELIEVE JARED FUCKING LETO WOULD LIKE MY VIDEO MORE THAN ANY OF THE THOUSANDS OF VIDEOS" I quickly reply.

You're so mindblown. You're still shaking because of the fact that Jared took the time to actually email you because he liked your video??? Wow. Just wow.

You've been freaking out for hours, it's gotten to the point that you're about to pass out. Before you fall asleep, you say to yourself..

"I guess keeping my hopes up does pay off."