Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The sleek black car pulled up in front of an even sleeker hotel. Izzy watched the magnificent building as the car came to a stop and sucked in a deep breath. The glass panels reflected the image of every car and tree nearby. Izzy reached to open her door, but someone dressed very exceptionally in a suit got to it before she could even touch the door handle. She greeted the gentleman that held the door for her with a warm smile before stepping out onto a deep maroon colored carpet. Izzy almost wanted to laugh at her whole situation. She was a kindergarten teacher for god's sake, not only that but she taught at an orphanage, she knew without a doubt that her monthly income would be significantly less than the cost of stay for a single night in this place. How in the world did she end up at place like this?

"My PA is already here, she will help you get set up in your room. I have to chat with a few of my employee but I will meet up with you in twenty minutes and introduce you around." A deep voice spoke behind her, and Izzy bit her lip. Right that's how, she thought before turning to Leo.

"I don't want to put you out. I'm sure I will be able to introduce myself." Izzy told him with a smile. She wasn't a child that needed to be directed around. She had enough confidence in herself, and in the orphanage to manage perfectly well without Leo's help. She was very thankful for him for getting her here, but she didn't want to make herself a burden to him. She was sure he had very important business to conduct at this conference.

She felt Leo place a hand on the curve of her back as he nudged her to the inside of the hotel. Izzy was too aware of Leo's palm to notice the décor of the hotel's foyer.

Leo's dark eyes turned her as he removed his hand from her waist. "I have no doubt that you can manage by yourself. However, I am positive that your proposal will be met with more interest if I were to back you up. While I don't like to admit it, my family name captures a certain level of respect among my associates, and I can assure you that, that respect will benefit you in raising funds for the orphanage. Besides, it wouldn't take much effort on my part. " Leo told smoothly.

Izzy pressed her lips together and eyed Leo for a second as she thought about what he had just said. It made sense; she had first-hand knowledge of the impact Max's last name made regardless of where they went. Izzy swallowed a small lump in her throat and smile politely at Leo. "Thank you, I would appreciate that." She told him and without waiting for a response she turned and started towards the elevator.

Leo watched Izzy walk away from him and scowled. Isobel Samuels was doing everything she could to keep herself from spending even an unnecessary second with him and he was determined to find out why. He knew she was playing some kind of a game, but he didn't know the rules to it and that annoyed the hell out of him.

Leo pulled out his phone and tapped on his PA's name before bring up the device to his ear. His efficient PA answered the phone in one ring, just as he expected she would.

"Miss. Samuel is on her way up, make sure she has everything she needs." He ordered and then moved the phone away from his ear. He didn't need to listen to his PA's reply because it would be the same as it always was. Ever since he took over the operations of the company, he had realized that his employees never said no to him. He knew that was because of his formidable nature, and he reveled in that. His employees feared him, but they also respected him, and some even wanted to be him, for Leo these traits were the perfect combination to have in an employee.

Leo was just pocketing his phone when a hand tapped in on his shoulder. "Leo Constantinides, it's been a while." A deep voice greeted. Leo recognized the voice, and internally cringed before turning around. Leo's eye met with a pair of hazelnut eyes that were exactly in level with his own.