Chapter twenty seven - Escape.

**Sherlocks POV**

I sit on my chair, thinking. There must be some way I can find her. There has to be. I doubt i need help finding her, but i needed someone to talk to. Someone to complain to. I hesitate at first, and walk over to the dining table and open up my laptop.

I open up skype and video call him.

"Hello?" John answered, sitting on a sofa in what looks like reception. He's wearing a hat and looks like he's about to go somewhere. Probably the beach. I sigh, feeling quite bad for disturbing him.

"Holland is missing."

"What?" His eyes widen, and I run a hand through my hair in frustration.

"I said Holland is mi-"

"I heard you." John snapped, "When did she go missing?!"

"Yesterday, she's been missing for twenty seven hours now."

"How are you trying to look for her?"

"Scotland Yard checked CCTV cameras but non pointed in the area of her being taken. I...I don't know what to do. There, I admitted it. John, she's missing and I haven't got the slightest idea of what to do! Theres no evidence for me to deduce, theres nothing!"

"Calm down." He soothed, "Panicking wont help find her."

"I'm not panicking!"

"You are!"

"I'm not! I just can't concentrate. It's like that time when I couldn't deduce Irene-"

"Just calm down and think-"

I suddenly groan in frustration, slamming my fist onto the table and taking a deep breath, "I'm letting my emotions get in my damn way!" As soon as I said it I regretted it. I let my guards down in front of John, and showed him my weak side. I let him know that I do, in fact, feel feelings. And I can't let people know that, otherwise it would ruin my reputaion of being a heartless bastard.

"Then use them."

"What?"

"Use your emotion's to help find her, god damn it. You think caring gets you no where but it does! You are going to care, and you're going to get off your arse and you are going to find Holland or so help me I will get on a plane right now and go back to England. You're a brilliant man, and I know you can do this. Use. Your. Emotions."

I look at my laptop screen towards John in disbelief. What am I suppose to say to that? I've hidden my emotions in a dark corner for too long, I didn't know how to use them anymore. Caring was a disadvantage, I didn't want to care.

Love is a weakness.

But maybe, it's a strength too.

"Good bye, John." I say before shutting the laptop lid rudely. I close my eyes and bring my hands up and rest them under my chin. Think Sherlock, Think-

The phone starts ringing.

I groan in annoyance. But answer it nonetheless, any phone call could be important right now. It could be information from Scotland yard. I bring the phone towards my ear.

"Yes?"

"Sherlock?" A dreaded voice whispers. My eyes widen and my face relaxes in delight of hearing her voice.

"Holland? Are you okay? Where are you?!"

"I- I don't know." She says quietly and sniffs, "I'm in a house."

"Have you looked out the window? What does the street look like?"

"It's, uh, not got many houses. I don't see much."