A Lesson In Balance

Yay, updates!!!! I was actually planning on posting this yesterday but I got caught up working on my other novels. But never fear, I haven't forgotten about you guys.

Happy Reading.

Love
NJ Kuhr
XOXO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the food had been cleared away but not before Bash and I shared a plate of desserts. He'd picked out a portion of everything and handed me a fork. Seeing us eat off the same plate sent the pack into another wave of silent glee.

He didn't need to ask to know which one was my favorite. Bash fed me the last bit of cheesecake off his own fork and the pack bond felt like they were cheering though no one made a sound. There was a static charge vibrating the pack bonds.

After that it was games and frolicking. There were a few people boating on the lake and along the shore. Werewolves sink. Our muscles are too dense to float so no one was swimming without life vests. I couldn't stop laughing at Wes with floaties around his huge arms and ankles as he floated on his back just off shore. Not so deep that he would drown and people could reach him but enough that his feet didn't touch.

He'd been a swimmer and water skier before the change. It was one of the few things about being human he missed the most. The pack was somewhat used to it but there was still some apprehension. For some it was equivalent to watching a death defying circus performance. When I found it funny it eased their discomfort and for once it felt like I belonged in a way the pack bond hadn't provided. I was included and appreciated.

They started a softball game. The field was much larger than professional baseball fields. The bases set four times further apart than they should be. The outfielders all the way back by the tree line. With werewolf vision and werewolf speed the game was almost too easy so some cheating was encouraged to make it interesting.

Zeek got his payback for flipping him off while I was up to bat

Zeek got his payback for flipping him off while I was up to bat. Just as Conner threw a two-hundred mph fastball I got an image of Zeek mooning me from shortstop through the pack bond. Of course I burst into laughter and anyone within a mile suddenly felt high on bliss for a millisecond before the baseball slammed into my shoulder.

It was my fault, I giggle with my whole body and leaned into the strike zone. Regardless Bash was instantly at my side with a growl at Conner, his gold eyes silver disks. His wolf sending agitated ripples through the pack bonds as pain blossomed down my arm. Instant Omega buzz kill.

"I'm alright." I winced a little but was still grinning. Zeek, Alek, Conner and a few others moved quickly. The baseball was still rolling off the plate when they circled me. "Zeek could use a tan though. Our wolves won't be able to see the moon past that glow."

He made a face but I could smell his concern and guilt.

"Anything Broken?" Sebastian shot Zeek a warning for making me hurt myself and for sending me inappropriate images of his body. It was just his backside but possessiveness seeped into the mate bond.