Just don't let me go

I woke up a few times in the middle of the night, the last time around five in the morning. I wouldn't dare go back to sleep. I was shivering, alone in the dark room I was left in. Not even the essence of home the room gave away helped me out.

Strolling to the door, I got out without a sound. I sat down on the little cliff, rubbing my temples while convincing my self it wasn't real, it was only a dream. Just a dream.

But I was afraid it would be real.

The dampness in the air somewhat refreshing, although I don't remember it raining last night. Shrugging off the suspicion, I glanced around with my arms wrapped around my chest, gripping my forearms. It was cold, and this dress was not much of use to me now. I picked my self up, going back to the cabin before deciding to slip into something else.

Fixing my eyes on the only drawer in the room, I moved to it. Bending down on my knees, I pulled a few open. Nothing. Moving upwards, none of them contained anything. I guess it was as decorative as the flowers on it. The last one held something, though. A material soft to the touch, an albicant colour softening to the eyes. Pulling the piece out from it's folded form, the ends of the fine-made dress revealed a hoary and slightly ripped decor.

A dress alone in the drawer, in a boy's room. Might be a coincidence, considering I slept the night in here. Maybe Pan found the clothing with a sentimental value and decided to keep it.

Which ever it was, I risked pulling the curtains on me with it. I changed in a matter or minutes, strangely not a scent on me from yesterday's raveling in mud and constant running and dancing. Another perk I found brilliant here, in Neverland. My hair didn't cope with that perk, though. Still a messy bunch on top of my head. Huffing, I combed it through as much as I could with my fingers impersonating a brush. Watching my work in a little round mirror on top of the drawer.

It looked proper and decent enough to be shown, but still not too dandy. Finding ways to pull it out of my face, a sudden knock on the door was heard throughout the room. Glancing towards the source, I found Peter leaning on the door's rim, a child-like grin forming once he notices me in the foreign dress. I was quick to explain. 

"I needed to change, I found it in one of the drawers. I hope it's okay." I continued pulling my hair backwards, using yesterday's strap that Taila gave me to secure part of my hair in a back ponytail, letting the rest of my hair fall down naturally.  Peter's foot steps were heard moments away before he was right next to me. His reflection right next to mine in the little piece of glass in front of us, a weak smile spreading. "It's okay, I left it for you anyways." Finishing with my hair, finally, I furrowed my brows slightly. That means he came in here last night, while I was sleeping. I found it awkward, and a bit annoying. But it was his room, anyways. And he did it out of good intentions. So I shrugged the enraged thoughts away.

"Ready to go?" He asks, awakening me from my line of thoughts. "Where?" I ask, but his hand was already pulling mine towards the door. He held a smug smile proudly, not willing to answer directly. "Out."

"Obviously." I joked, grinning as we walked outside the little tree house on the little cliff. He kept quiet while he led me through the woods. Me, barefoot, finding it a bit difficult keeping my pace steady and not be left behind. 

Again.

But Peter wouldn't let go of my hand. He kept it in his with a protective grip. He wouldn't want me wandering off as much as I don't. But his reasons foreign for me to understand.

By the time we've reached the camp, the lost boys were scattered around, some played with wooden swords, some working hard on something I'd say was confidential. I found a seat next to Noah, walking over by the once flaming fireplace from last night. Now, it was damp, as the rest of the flora. I missed quite the weather last night. And I'm starting to be grateful for it.