Little twist

"Are you okay?" Peter asks, to which I enraged pushed him aside, muttering "I'm fine," . But, him being much stronger than me, of course he barely moved.  It's the thought that counts. I repeated in my mind as I stormed towards where he and I came from.

A set of dramatic 'ooh's' came to light, along with a few whispers on my account. As far as the promise goes - to hell with it. There aren't no 'wild bores' or any other animal that crawls on four legs. Only these boys. These boys that resemble the kids from my school.

That's a bad thing, by the way.

"Lyla.." Was the last words I heard. An apologetic sound from Peter. Or is it something else? Maybe even pity. He pities me.

"Don't bother." I brushed the words off like they were nothing. At the same time hoping he did and didn't hear those words.

I huffed, letting the anger get the best of me. Who does he think he is? God? By the time I relaxed a little bit, what I thought would happen - did. I'm as lost as ever.

Nothing seemed familiar, and night was already upon me. The thought of rest was inevitable. Just as I approached a log, I was hoisted in the air by a strong force. The rope cutting deep into my foot, I hung loosely from a tree branch. What the..

"Help!" I screamed, but no one could hear. "Somebody, help!" I continued until my voice gave away. "Please," With the day I was having, it doesn't surprise me I broke at this point. I shut my eyes closed and just waited. Waited until either I'm cut down, the branch comes down on us all, or my leg falls off. But I really wish  would be far beyond once that happens.

A few minutes passed, that felt like an eternity, but there was definitely someone here, watching me.

Wiggling slightly, trying to figure out where the noise is coming from, I groan lightly from the pain my leg's taking in. "Who's there?" My voice cracking a bit from the screaming.

"Hello?" What if I'm hearing things now? Is that a possible side effect when blood is rushing in your brain? And a better question: Does that make any sense? Ready to close my eyes again and settle for that solution, something caught the corner of my eye. A little girl stood on visible ground, watching me intently.

"Hey," I tried using what's left of my energy to turn to her. "Can you help me?" I swung a full circle, which wasn't my intention in the first place. But none the less, it made the girl giggle. I looked around, trying to follow the pattern the little trap I was in held.

"Could- could you cut that rope there?" I pointed, my arm loosely hanging from my shoulder as I pointed out a hollow tree. She glanced at it before nodding shyly. "Yes," I said to my self, letting my head fall back one last time before picking my self up again.

By the time the little girl reached the tree, I managed to grab hold of my leg and pull my self up. I'm high above ground, it'll hurt, but anything's better than this position. "Let it go on three, okay?" I looked back to see if she heard. With a confirming nod, I inhaled deeply.

"Okay, one," I started count, rapidly falling down to the ground before a loud bump was heard. The 'bump' was my body. As funny as the word sounds, the pain wasn't.

"Oh god," I rolled form my back, trying not to move too quickly. By the looks of it, there might not be anything broken. To my luck, I hope there isn't. The girl rushed over to me, taking one of my hands I used for support in hers. She caressed my bruised knuckles before her eyes set on the red line on my foot. It's only then when I realize who she is.

She's from the Indian clan.

The painted markings of black and red color on her face and the colorful scraps she wore around her gave it away. Should I be worried? I mean, if this trap was theirs, who did it intend to trap? Surely not wild animals, it seems as if there aren't any at all.