Of new dawn

I wake up to the sound of  birdsong. The surface I'm on not too comfortable and my back hurt slightly. A strong scent of petrichor surrounding me. I opened my eyes, revealing the unknown territory I'm in. I was sprawled on my front side on what appeared to be a wooden bed with red covers over it.

I tried getting up, releasing an agonizing groan from the pain in my lower back area. Did I fall and sprained by spine? What ever it was, it hurts like hell.

"Here." A voice was suddenly heard next to me, making me wince form the sudden presence of someone other than my self. Was I kidnapped?

The unknown figure towered over me, helping me up to sit. It was dark, so I couldn't quite see who it was. By the broad shoulders, I'd have to guess it was a man - a boy, around my age. Probably older.

"Where am I?" I tried to stay as calm as possible, but it was difficult after being awakened in an unknown place on a wooden bed with a stranger next to me.

"Don't you already know?" It may be dark, but the mischievous smirk was still evident in his tone.

"Am I supposed to?" I raised a brow, questioning the boy in the dark. My eyes slowly getting used to my surroundings. So far I would suggest I'm underground.

"Well, you were. Since you asked to be here." "What do you mean? I never asked to be kidnapped." I snapped, making the boy chuckle.

"Kidnapped? Seriously?" He leaned his elbows on his knees. letting his arms hang loosely from that point. "You're in Neverland, love, does that ring a bell?"

"Oh, of course," I sarcastically, but calmly exhaled. "Neverland." I confirmed his answer. He shrugged, confirming his answer was indeed correct. "So who are you supposed to be then?" 

"I'm Peter. Peter Pan." "James. James Bond." I greeted, extending my hand out for a shake. I figured if it's gonna be a secret camera moment, I could at least tease the guy.

"Isn't James a boy's name?" "Isn't Peter Pan a fairy tale?" I bit back, smiling to my self to which he released a chuckle. I have to admit, this is quite the fun. But still, something didn't feel right.

"I know your name, Lyla, you don't need an alias because of me. And certainly not an obvious one." I gulped, his half smirk slightly visible in the lack of light we're having.

"C'mon." He stood up, extending his hand out for me to take. I hesitate, but take it cautiously. He picks me up, the way I do with Louis, and walks me to the spiral stair case that leads above ground level.

"Can you at least take me to a hospital?" One of his hands supporting me on my lower back, careful not to hurt me even more.

"Stand still." Peter commands, expecting me to obey. But as soon as his hand went from my atlas to the bottom of my back, I couldn't help but move away. "What part of 'stand still' don't you understand?" Peter seemed annoyed, but frankly I couldn't care less. His tone was the one thing that made me break what ever confidence I had left in me to fight back. 

Not being able to move, I stood still, every part of me tensed. My knuckles clenched hanging loose beside my body, waiting to use them in self defence if needed.

But when his hand made contact with my back once more, all her anxieties of being hurt went away. His touch leaving electric vibes at the line of my back. Not even realizing what he did, or tried to do, the pain vanished. As if it was never there.

"What did you do?" I asked, relieved. He, though, giving me a private joke chuckle as he observed the confusion spread on my face.

"Helped?" That didn't help much to my answer, though. But before I could further interrogate him, he interrupted my train of answers in my mind.

"Come on, you wouldn't want to waste your first day here just asking questions," He started walking in a random direction, clearly expecting me to follow. But I wasn't. I didn't follow on anything he said so far, and probably what he will.

"Where are you going?" I gestured with my arms dramatically. He can't leave me here, alone, in a jungle. He has enough responsibility to bring me back home as he had when he brought me here.

"And where is here, anyways?" He didn't reply, just kept walking. The space between us increased by the second. "Hey! I'm talking to you!" But clearly, he wasn't talking with me. Son of a.

"Peter!" If that's the only name he stands by, then fine. I might as well play out his sick scenario for him to bring me back home.

How is a teen even able to kidnap another? Play all this out on their own?

"Peter," I spoke breathlessly. I was full in running, and he was no where to be seen. I swear I just saw him not far from me. "God dammit." Swearing, I leaned next to a tree, plopping down with my back against it. My breath was hitching from the running, and my mouth was dry as ever. I'm already dehydrated. Not to mention I'm in a forest, lost and alone. Left to, well, I'm not quite sure of my purpose here.

I closed my eyes for a brief second, trying to regain my thoughts. But not even that could I accomplish without being interrupted once again.

"What are you doing?" My eyes burst open, spotting the mysterious boy leaning side by side on a tree across from me. Our eyes lock for a moment that felt like an age. I had no condition, especially for running. That's why I never did, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

I arched a brow, disbelief evident on my face. Is he even being serious? 

"You've got to be kidding me." Rising up on my feet, I regained my balance again. I approached him, which gave him a hint of a smirk playing on his lips. Inches away, I pushed him lightly with my finger. "Never, and I do mean never, leave me stranded like that again."

Peter, if it is his real name, though, doesn't seem even the slightest bit moved by my attempt of command. But I didn't even say it as a command, I said it with a hint of fear. But no promises were made.

"Is that a threat?" He had a playful smile, holding it with pride. "It's a plead." The smile faded, a more sincere look seeping in. He looked down at his chest, making me realize my hand was still on him. Moving it swiftly away from him, he looked back at me once again. A genuine smile that held promise appeared.

"I promise."