Cross Country Race

"What do you mean?" I laughed as Speed and I made our way inside his home.

"I- I don't know!" He shouts with a laugh.

"Ahem." We snapped our heads towards two men, a detective and a man with a black jump suit, wearing a mask that covered his head with a white X over his eyes. The family was sitting on the couch watching us, then the two men.

"Are you familiar with Royalton Industries?" We both nodded.

"Why?" I asked.

"Taejo Togokahn believes that to boost up his companies name, he must compete with you two."
Looks of confusion crossed our faces.

"But.. how? There's no other races left except the Grand Prix, and we both failed to get in." Speed said.

"You're right, there are no races left. No track races."

"Wha-" I started.

"This is a cross-country race," The detective said.

"Casa Cristo." The other finished. The family stood up.

"No! I'm sorry inspector but I can't let him compete. I lost one son already I'm not losing another," Pops stated firmly, his wife holding his arm.

"Very well, if you change your mind-"

"Keep your card, detective." Pops finished, calming down.  I glanced at the man with an X just in time to see him drop something onto the floor. When I looked back up, they were gone.

>>>>>

"Are you sure about this?" I asked Speed.

"Yes, if this is what it takes to help.. I'll do it."

"We'll do it. Together," He opened his mouth. "Don't even argue with me, he said both of us." He sighed defeatedly.

"Guess we're going on a little trip."

>>>>>

"Thank you for your help, the C.I.B appreciates it."
The detective said standing next to Racer X, as we found out, in his suit.

"I'm not here to help the C.I.B," Speed started. "There's someone out there that wants to hurt my family and I'm going to do everything I can to hurt them back. " We walked away. In the corner of my eyes I saw Racer X smile.
-----------------------------------------

"Most teams stay in league rules.." The announcer trailed off. "Or at least try not to get caught."

"The minute the queen sees the sun she'll shoot upwards signaling the racers- speaking of the queen, Here she comes now." The other announcer exclaims as the queen raised her pistol gun, ready to fire. All the defensive modification additions ran through my head,

"We expect most teams will be out to get you so we're adding some defensive modifications." The scientist explained the rest.

"A for the normal jump jacks,
B to inflate your tires incase you get a flat,
C is for the Cutter Blade, basically cuts through anything,
D is to activate the defensive shield, bullet proof in any cases, sealing you away from danger,
And finally, E to activate the spikes on your wheels on rough ground."

"You ready?" Speed asked through the link.

"Y..Yeah.. do you think we should have told Pops?"

"W-What?! No! He would have stopped us!" I nodded, knowing Speed could see.

The Queen pulled the trigger on the pistol.

Engines roared.

I lost Speed and Racer X.

Cliffhanger! Yay! I actually did it!

Vote, comment, follow..

-S P E E D Y (EDITED)