Chapter 6

Groaning in discomfort from my position and from the light ache in my head I curse quietly to myself that I forgot to close my blinds. The light shining from the window is seeping through my eyelids making my eyes hurt. Rolling over I begin to try to stretch my back but a large arm is thrown over my waist and my body is hauled backwards.

"Stop moving me," I mumble as I wiggle against their heated body. Even though I complained about being moved the heat from the persons body is quite comforting. I let my body soak up the heat for a moment before I decide that I'm starving, need to pee and I'm kind of curious as to who I'm in bed with.

Giving in to my curiosity I roll over slightly before squinting my eyes against the bright sunlight to see Drake's adorable face. Smiling at his heavily muscled body that is curled around my own I start to pull away from him. I'm sad to say I don't remember coming to bed with him but as I look down my body I see that I'm still fully clothed. At least I don't have to beat him to death for perving on me.

Sliding my body out of the bed slowly I make sure to not move too suddenly and bounce the bed at all. I definitely want to let him sleep. Glancing over my shoulder I see that he has a little frown on his face before he rolls over. Moving quickly I shove my pillow into his chest. Holding back a laugh and a 'aww' I see him throw his arm over the pillow and settle back into sleep. I've always had a soft spot for a guy who likes to cuddle so much that when you leave the bed he misses you instantly.

Smiling again I turn to leave the room as quickly as I can. Closing the door behind me I breathe a sigh in relief that I didn't wake him making any noise. Turning around I see Marcus leaning against a door smirking at me smugly. Shooting him a glare I tip toe past him toward the stairs leading back downstairs. Hurrying to the downstairs bathroom I handle my business before washing my hands and heading to the back patio.

Holding back my laughter I see a sea of bodies mixed with cups and bottles from last night. I see Marcus sitting by the pool under the canopy and at a table covered with a mix of empty and half full cups and bottles. Taking a seat across from him I sift around the table before I finally find an abandoned pack of menthol cigarettes. Lighting up I take a seat and lean back to look around, ignoring the burning gaze I feel from across the table.

Finally meeting his eyes after a few moments I blow out some smoke before speaking. "What?"

"Don't what me cuz. I saw you doing the little sneak of shame," he says laughing.

"Piss off. I wasn't sneaking to leave him I was sneaking to let him sleep." Rolling my eyes I take another drag off of my cigarette.

Holding his hands up in surrender. "Whatever you say Mads."

"Don't act like that you little shit. You don't have to worry about anything, nothing happened. We just slept."

"You don't have to lie to me I'm not going to throw a fit or anything." Rolling his eyes he blows out the smoke in a burst.

"I'm serious," I say quietly. "I think I really like him." I can feel a blush creep into my cheeks as I admit to my feelings toward him.

"Seriously? I'm not judging but you just met him and you never trust anyone." His gaze travels over my face trying to get a hint to my feelings.

"I don't know what to say. I know I've had a bad thing happen recently and I know that it seems fast or too soon. But there is just something about him Marcus. I just," I blow out a deep, huff like breath and shrug my shoulders. "Something about him keeps pulling me in. I really, really like him. He makes me forget that I'm damaged. He makes me forget what I've been through." I say meeting his eyes and I can tell my the slight blurriness around the edges that my eyes have teared up a little.