Chapter 3

**Summer**

When she jumped at me I had nothing to use to stop her so I tried to close my eyes and move. A body hit me and my feet lifted off the floor I was waiting for the impact on my back but it never came. Instead I was met with my feet hitting solid floor and I was about to fall but I steaded myself and turned to look at Izzy who had a smile on her face. "Wow!" I say and she laughs jumping at me again.

My eyes glow and I do a flip over her and kick her down to the ground. I disappear from there to the blades grab one and disappear again in front of Izzy as she was starting to get up. "Not so fast are you Izzy?" I say with a smile as the blade is at her throat. She puts her hands up and I move the blade from her throat and help her up.

Before I know it she uncurls her whip and goes for my feet to trip me. I jump over it and disappear again. She looks around the room. "Where'd you go Summer scared you'll get hurt?" She says and I laugh as I let go of the ceiling and land on top of Izzy blade at her throat once again. "Ahhhh I love it when you're wrong." I say and I hear clapping. I turn to look at the door and see Raf and Alec walk in.

My grip lossens and before I can tighten it she flips me over and puts the blade at my throat. "Damn you Raf." I say out loud so they can all hear me. I hear Alec laugh and I look at Raf. He's smiling. "I know something that will freak them out." I whisper to Izzy and she smiles not getting up. Then I disappear. "What the---" I hear both Alec and Raf say as I reappear behind them. "Hi boys." I say and they both turn around shocked. I smile.

"Jace..." Alec says and I look down at the ground. "What else can you do??" He asks me. "I don't know..." I say. "Can we go on a walk? Us four?" Raf asks and I smile. "Hope we run into demons." Izzy says as we all walk out of the training room and on the way out of the institute. 

We walk for about 30 minutes until we think we should get back. We turn to go back as we hear a scream from in the building. We run in and see a girl with 5 demons around her. Alec sends an arrow int one of them and the others turn. They start to walk over to us as I see a rune. "Move." I yell taking out my stele as Izzy and the others more.

I draw the rune on my hand and look at it for a second then point it at the demons who had just jumped at me and the others..... Sunlight... Sunlight shots out of my hand and the demons burn and turn to dust. I look at my hand and gasp as the rune starts to fade away. "Clary..." Izzy says as Raf grabs my hand and looks at the fading rune.

I see Alec go to the girl as the rune fades completely leaving nothing behind. I look up into his eyes which look down at me. "Why are we seeing so many demons?" I ask as we both pull away. "I'm not sure." Izzy says. "Why are they attacking mundies?" I ask. "We don't know... But what I do know... Is that it's nothing good." Alec says and I can't help but think... What is going to happen? 

**Matthew**

I sit on my bed reading my book when I start to get hungry. I put the book down and stand up walking around. I open the door to the kitchen, or what we call the kitchen, and look around for some food. Once finding some food I go back up to my room and start reading again. After a few minutes of reading I get the feeling someone is watching me so I look up at my door and see Rafeal leaning on the side of the door.

"Oh hey. How long have you been starting there?" I ask closing my book. "Not that long. Hey can I ask you a question?" He asks me taking himself off the door. "Yeah." I tell him and he walks over to my bed and sits down next to me. "What'd you want to ask me?" I ask him looking in front of me looking down at the ground. "Will you be my parabatai??" He asks me and my head shots up to look at him. "R--really? You want to be my parabatai?" I ask him shocked.

"Y---yeah... If you want to... Your my best friend Matt and it would be awesome if you were my parabatai...." He tells me and I smile. "Me too. It'd be great to be your parabatai." I tell him still smiling as he smiles too. "Start training now?" He asks standing up. "Sure I need to get dressed thought first. Did you know I was going to say yes or something why are you in gear already?" I ask him. "Oh me, Izzy, dad, and Summer went on a walk." He says looking down at the ground.

"What happened?" I ask looking at him questioningly. "She has powers. Like your parents." He tells me and my mouth drops to the floor. "Wh---what kinds?"I ask him as I look at him. "She can draw new runes and disappear then reappear." He tells me."I knew it." I say as I start to pace the room. "What do you mean you knew it?" He asks me with a raised brow. I don't say anything.

I just raise my hand and show him. Show him the red flames that come from my fingers. Just like his father... I can do... "Magic... But how? Who is teaching you to use it?" He asks me and I laugh putting my hand down. "Magnus is teaching me how to use it... I don't know exactly how I can do magic being a shadowhunter but I think it has something to do with my parents...." I say grabbing my training gear and walking to my bathroom. "Their angel blood did something to you and Summer... Do you think it did something to Micheal?" He asks me and I look at him.

"I'm not sure but we will find out soon I know it. I can see it. Something is going to happen and it's going to change us all. We just have to be ready for it." I say to him and close the door to change. 

*VOTE
*COMMENT
*FOLLOW
*SHARE