Chapter One- Don't Die

Roselyn's POV

I'm running, running from my past... The horrible past I wish I could forget. I don't know where I'm going or even what I'm planning to do.

I just know I have to get away. I hope to whatever god is looking down, to not let them catch me; I would die if I have to go back to that torture and abuse.

They taunted and bullied me. They took my food away, making me un-norished. They beat me, even though a pack is supposed to stay together and love each other like family.

But when they weren't being abusive, they left me alone. Alone to cry and wonder what I did to deserve this. Do I not deserve the right to live peacefully?

'Roselyn,' my wolf Rain calls, 'You can stand through it. Hope is coming. I can feel it.'

I'm so tired, I get tired easily due to weakness via the starvation and beatings. I hear a howl and I hope it isn't them about to catch me. Or even worse... A rogue.

Technically I am a rogue now seeing as I left my pack. But rogues can still be brutal to each other. I hear stories about them and they aren't at all pleasant. The same howl sounded and made me even more frightened.

But I never got to find out who it was..

I jump into the freezing lake that chills me to the bones. Soon I will get hypothermia and die. Blocking the emotional and physical pain forever. Goodbye cruel world.

************************************************************************************************************

Noah's POV

I sense somebody on my land and groan inwardly. I really hope it isn't a rogue; I don't feel like dealing with one right now.

I am the alpha of the Diamond Pack. A powerful and well-known pack at that. This person should know better than to trespass. People and wolves fear me, which is fine... Most of the time.

I shift into my wolf and reluctantly start running to see who the trespasser is. I screech to a halt on my paws, when I see a wolf drowning in the freezing cold lake. This must be the trespasser.

It's a she-wolf, the color of warm chocolate brown and extremely beautiful.

It's our mate at last! My wolf, Nick proclaimed.

I snapped out at my thoughts, where the realization hit me that she is passed out and not in a good condition. Damn! I have to get her out of that water!

I dive in to the water with speed, grabbing her out. Why would she do this to herself? She was obviously trying to kill herself. Wolves don't just jump into the lake in the dead winter. I mean she could have been pushed in... My wolf growled at that. I didn't smell any other scents though so it's unlikely.

I run back to my one bedroom apartment. I bolt to my room to lay her on the bed.

I call the pack doctor, Suzanne a.k.a Suzie. I tell her to come immediately. I make sure to use my alpha tone so she'll get here extremely fast.

My mate still hasn't shifted back, but the doctor will inject her with something to force her to shift back to human.

I hear my doorbell ring and I yell for them to come in. I already know it's Suzie because I can smell her with my alpha abilities.

"What seems to be the problem Alpha Diamond?" Suzie asks curiously peeking her head through the door. I motion for her to come in.

"As you can see, I found this beautiful wolf, who is laying on my bed, in the lake outside; obviously trying to end her life." I say clenching my teeth.

"Oh my! Well I will have to give her a shot to shift back so I can assess her injuries." She tells me.

"That's fine, anything that will help my mate." I say anxiously.

Suzie looks at me happily upon hearing the news that I found my mate. Did I mention Suzie is my aunt?

She rummages through her bag for a shot and as soon as she finds it, she injects my mate; I wince whilst thinking that must have hurt. She slowly starts to shift back.

I gasp when I realize how beautiful she is. She has deep red hair, down to the small of her back. Her smooth features are amazing.

But I growl when I see the bruises all over her. She has them down her back and her legs. She has a black eye, which isn't even close to healing. She is skin and bones, like she was hardly fed. Who did this to such a beautiful lady?

I am extremely pissed , but keep my cool in case she wakes up and I need to comfort her.

I inhale sharply, "How bad is she?"

"Well, she is under-fed, beat-almost-to-death, and she is very tired. It might be a day or so before she wakes up." Suzie says with sorry eyes.

"How did this happen?" I say with a growl.

"I'm not sure hun. It was definitely abuse." She says. I'm still pretty angry but nod and ask what medicine or whatever she needs. I need some alone time with my mate. No matter if she's awake or not.

"I have it all right here," she nods to the bedside table, "If she wakes up and looks or says she is in pain, then give her these pain pills."

"Alright, thanks Suzie. You can go."

She nods her goodbye, grabs her medical bag, then leaves.

I wait for her to wake up. For me to see my mates beautiful eyes, and let her see her mate. I hope she accepts me.

But, I also need to know who did this to her. They will be dead in a blink of an eye. I look down at her and gasp. I realize she is naked.. I put some of my clothes on her, just until we could go shopping for some.

I like her wearing my clothes. It makes me feel happy that she already has a part of me, even though it's just clothes. I hope she wakes up soon.

****************************************************************************************************

Author's Note.

So?

How do you like this one?

I had this story in mind for a long time so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

So please vote! It would mean a lot to me!

Also, comment, I want to know what I can do to make my book the best it can be!

And last but not least, FAN!

Thanks!:)

heart2heart17