Chapter 6

Melissa’s POV

I couldn’t stop pacing. I sent the text almost 5 minutes ago, why hasn’t she responded? I thought to myself. I don’t know why I was so worried at the time, Jessica knew better, she knew Uncle Georges tricks so why hasn’t she responded.

My pacing stopped when I heard a shattering noise coming from Jessica’s room. No, I thought. I ran towards my door to try and hear what was happening. The stairs began to creak, there was no doubt it was uncle George.

But what I was wondering is what was he going to do to her? He had caught her, and probably broken her by now. I mean, after all she had been in there for almost three days with no food or water. Who knows what state she was in.

Jessica’s POV

I flashed in and out of consciousness for at least half an hour. When I was conscious I would direct all my attention to the cut I had on my ankle. It wasn’t there before I was drugged so it didn’t take me long to realize that Uncle George had implanted something. It was probably some kind of tracking chip to make sure that I couldn’t run away.

But when I wasn’t conscious, I had vicious nightmares. Dreams of being chased, of being tortured, and of being raped. They wouldn’t stop; they were the worst lucid dreams I had ever had but the thing I hated the most was the fact that I couldn’t do anything but watch. I would watch the scene unfold, unable to help myself.

*    *    *    *    *    *

I was walking down my street, like I did every day to get to and from school. It was getting dark and I had been walking for at least ten minutes, but the scenery didn’t seem to change. It was unbearably quite and the only thing that disturbed the silence was the sound on my shoes hitting the occasional rock.

I heard something behind me, like I was being followed so I pulled my headphones out of my ears, praying that it was just my imagination, but I was wrong, so very wrong.

A tall man in a black hoodie appeared out of nowhere. Who knows how long he had been following me. I quicken my pace and turn the nearest corner, just to be sure that he is following me and unfortunately for me, he was.

Not knowing where I was, I pulled my phone out of my pocket to call home. I dialed the number but was sent straight to an automatic recording saying that I was out of minutes and that if I’d like to purchase more to go online or come down to their nearest store.

At this point I was freaking out, so with one last glace over my shoulder I make a run for it but he was just to fast. He wrapped his arm around my neck, trying to choke me. I screamed as loud as I could, but no came.

I tucked my chin into my neck so I would be able to breathe as I threw both my hands at my attackers face while stomping on his foot. He cries out in pain and lets me go. I kick him hard and run harder that I ever have before.

I direct my attention behind me, to see if he was still following me, but he was gone. Smiling to myself, I turned back to continue running but I ran straight into someone. I sat on the ground apologizing, not realizing that it was my attacker but by the time I did, it was too late. He pinned me on the ground and started to choke me again.

I tried rolling my body over to get him off of me, but he was just too heavy and I was too exhausted form running. I start squirming and trying to scream, but ever time I did, I lost more air and within seconds I blacked out. I watched, terrified as he threw me over his should and put me in the trunk of a nearby car.

*   *   *   *   *

I woke up breathing heavily and sweating like crazy. I pat my body all over, making sure I was alive and that it wasn’t just another dream. Even though I knew I was safe, I started to cry and shake uncontrollably.

After I got it out of my system, I lifted my head up to see a paper lying in front of me, “what the-“ I picked up the sheet of paper titled ‘New Schedule’, “great,” I muttered to myself.

Wake up- 7:00am

Get Ready- 7:15am

Eat Breakfast- 7:30am

Go to school- 7:40am

Leave school- 3:00pm

Get home- 3:30pm

In room- 3:30pm to 5:00pm

Dinner- 5:15pm

In room (again)- 6:00pm

Bed time- 9:30pm

“He must be joking,” I stood up and walked towards the trashcan when I realized there was more on the back, “joy.” I rolled my eyes as I read the ‘New Rules’.

At the top of the sheet read,

 No Swearing or Back Talking. I could already tell I wasn’t going to like these rules.

 No Going Out On Weekdays.

 Must Follow New Schedule

 Do As Told

 At the bottom of the page in bold he stated,

*If any of these rules are broken, you will be punished accordingly*

Even though I wanted to throw the sheet out, a part of me knew this was no joke and I could only imagine was the punishments were if any of these rules were broken.

I guess the only good thing about him giving me this schedule was the fact that I would be going to school tomorrow. I didn’t even know if that was a good thing or not, though. People will be asking questions, questions that I am not prepared to answer.

Instead of throwing it out, I folded the list and tucked it in my back pocket. Who knows, it might come in handy for evidence purposes. I then walk over to my empty backpack and begin putting my textbook, binder and notebooks back.

The evening went by quite fast considering I just sat in my room doing nothing, which was actually nice for once. I had time to completely finish a book that I had never gotten around to reading, but it was surprisingly really good.

Even though I had school tomorrow, I couldn’t fall asleep. I didn’t know what was in store for me when I was through the school doors. I didn’t know how people would react, if they’d even noticed I was gone.