Chapter 14

Vanessa's POV

I let this week fly by. One more and I will be done with high school. As I'm sitting on the couch, alone at home, I get a text from Niall.

*Hey babe! Come over for a bit I want to talk to you about something important*

My mind starts jumping to conclusions. Is he dumping me? Has he cheated on me? Is he moving away? Stop Vanessa. Nothing bad is going to happen. He just wants to talk. I answer back with a simple yeah and smiley face. I grab my keys and walk out of the door.

Ten minuets later, I arrive at Niall's and he's sitting on the front steps. When I get closer to him, he gets up and hives me a hug. He slips his fingers in mine and takes me inside and I follow him out back. There is a tree sitting at the end and a table with chairs under it. We go over and sit at the table. It's really warm today and the weather has been amazing.

"So I wanted to talk to you about something. It's nothing bad I promise. I love you too much to let you go", my heart flutters and he continues.

"I was thinking about going to Florida for the weekend. Like, just you and me. I could rent a hotel near the beach and we could have a lot of fun. I wanted to do something before graduation. So what do you think? Do you want to go?" I sit there and think about it. It sounds like a lot of fun. Just me and Niall. No interruptions, just us at the beach. I smile and think about us on the beach together.

"Yes I would love to go! We can have so much fun! When are we leaving?" I'm so eager to just leave. To just get away from this place and enjoy myself.

"We would have to leave tonight. It would take about eight hours to get from Atlanta to Tampa. If you want to go there. I used to live there a few years ago and I wanted to visit the beach again", he says. I'm so excited now! I just can't wait to go home and tell mom and pack and leave!

********

I smile the whole time I help Niall pack and when I pack. I tell Niall I'm going to talk to my mom and I start down stairs. I see my mother sitting on the couch. She I watching an old episode of Full House and eating ice cream.

"Hey mom!" I say happily with a sweet smile and I sit down beside her.

"Hey honey", she smiles back and shifts her body towards me.

"I wanted to tell you something", I say nervously.

"Yes sweetie", she smiles again.

"Well... Niall was thinking about us taking a trip. I mean me and him. He's going to take me to Florida for the weekend. I'm so excited and I just wanted to tell you everything before I-", she cuts me off and raises her hand to stop me.

"Vanessa, do you realize what this weekend is? It's your nineteenth birthday. I don't think your going anywhere." She says and I'm stunned.

Niall's POV

I was so nervous she was going to say no. I really want to have a good time. She's never really enjoyed life before. I will do anything possible to make her happy.

I knew it from when she first kissed me, I knew that I loved her. I don't want to talk about my previous life with her though. I was partying every weekend, fucking girls left and right, drunk and hungover all the time. I think if I told her about my previous life, she would leave me. I couldn't bear it if she did. She sees through my tattoos and that's about it. I chuckle to myself and then Vanessa comes storming through the door.

"Let's leave now! I can't stand these people! I can't stand this house!" She yells. She checks her bag on last time and she zips it up. She grabs her phone and pushes it into her pocket.