Rule 10. I'm Perfectly Capable of Taking Care of Myself

Btw just want to ask, this story will finish at 15-20 chapters. Does that classify as a short story? 

COMMENTS PLZZZZZZZ I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER AND MAKE YOU A MOCKTAIL BECAUSE I TOOK A COURSE AND CAN DO THAT NOW.

READ ON

***

"C'mon do we have to? I wanna go to the movies or something awesome. OH I heard there was a Lazer-tag joint here somewhere!" Tose complained loudly as we walked through the shopping center. 

I insisted on him tagging along to meet Kenzie with me, he was involved with whatever shit was happening so I thought it was only right. Also I got out of the 'family business' so I wouldn't have to deal with the supernatural/paranormal, and here along came a half fey, a vampire and her ex husband Death to ruin the life I built up from the ground. 

Great job universe, way to completely screw me over. 

"We'll see a movie after, I've read the comics for Guardians of the Galaxy and the trailer was funny so I wanna go see that." 

"I have an idea."

"No."

"But-"

"No." 

"Fine. But I'm gonna let you know that one day you'll look back and think on how rude you were to Death. Then you'll be sorry."

"I'll call you when that happens- wait there she is." I pointed across the food-court at Kenzie, who was sitting on a table and by the pissed off look of on her face she was playing Flappy Bird on her phone. She had a black jumper with green lining and pocket, it went down to her knees and she had black skinny jeans and green converses on. Her hair was braided this time. And I ran a hand through my hair when I realized how those legs of hers were gonna look in those jeans. 

"Dude your mouth's hanging open. You'll catch a fly you will."

"Shut up Tose." 

We walked towards the table she was sitting on. And as soon as we got closer I noticed the careful circle of empty tables around her, like the normal people knew there was something off about her that they couldn't pick so they steered clear. There was a table of guys behind her that kept laughing and giving her the 'damn she fine' look that every guy has I shit you not. 

Tose and I encroached on the careful circle as if we were public enemies. 

"Hey Kenzie," 

"Shut up Corpse Breath this game will bow to my power." She didn't move from her spot on the table so I sat on the chair next to it. Knowing that there are people who have to clean these tables makes me more considerate for them. Also we were in a food court, someone could have barfed right on that tabletop. 

"Flappy Bird, really?" I asked, looking around for a decent Chinese food joint. 

"Yes really- oh shit balls." It made the disappointing sound of shame before she locked her phone and put it away. 

“So. Jim-Jam, Corpse Breath. You know what’s up now?”

“By up, I assume you mean how his name isn’t on your bloody list.” She jammed her finger at Tose, “Want to know why?”

“Kinda.”

“Not particularly, I want Chinese food more.” My stomach rumbled in agreement.

“Too bad. Scuttle-but is that someone’s on thin ice with the boss-man. Been neglectful of duties is what I was told.”

I blinked and looked at Tose, “but he’s been out like every night. He does do his job.”