Our Affair (BoyXBoy)

Being in loved sucked. But I’m sure you already know this but my story is a little different. Not only am I in love with my best friend’s boyfriend, which is bad enough, I am also a guy also. Yes I said it. I’m gay and in love with my best friend’s boyfriend. I remember the day I first met River Ramsey. It was like fate.

Tanned skin with brown hair with beautiful sea green eyes. His friends, jackass that I mind you, threw the football hitting me on my head on purpose. It was awful but wonderful also. River ran over seeing if I was ok and of course impressing my best friend. In two months tops they were going out. That’s been a year ago and they were still strong for each other.

I sulked in myself pity as I sat on Lauran’s couch as the loving couple sat on the love couch. Was I jealous? Yes, yes very. “Dustin what’s wrong?” Lauran asked me as she sat on River’s lap. I wanted to be on his lap. I hid my jealous well let me tell you but I smiled nonetheless. I shook my head closing my eyes as I ignored River’s intense eyes on me.

I opened my eyes and looked at Lauran with her long curly brown hair and her beautiful blue eyes. Lauran was beautiful and with River by her side they were the cutest couple this year.

“I’m fine. Just tired.” I said softly and Lauran frowned probably knowing that this was a lie but she still didn’t say anything. She turned back to the TV but River still looked at me. I frowned, “What.” I mouthed and he shrugged.

“Hey Dustin help me get something out of the kitchen?” he asked and I frowned. I was about to deny him but the look he gave me stopped the no in my throat.

“Sure.” I got up and River was right behind me, “What do you need help with?” I asked not facing him. I could smell the cologne Lauran gave him for his eighteenth birthday filling the room. The cologne I told Lauran that would smell amazing on River. And it did.

“Is something bothering you because lately you’ve been acting strange.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. Lauran has been telling me you haven’t been hanging out with her and she’s really upset.” Because she’s dating you! I saw you first not her! That’s what I wanted to say but it was harsh, really harsh. “Is it because of me?” I turned around and looked at him in disbelief.

“What?” I asked totally shocked that he would even think that! River didn’t look reassured.

“Just tell me straight is it because I’m dating Lauran now?”

“NO!” I said in shaking my heads, “I mean I’m just you know. It’s just a lot of things are going on that’s all.” River frowned and sighed. His muscles ripping underneath his tight fitted shirt. He rubbed his eyes and then looked at me again. “Seriously I’m fine.” I lied and he smiled at me.

“I’m glad to hear that.” He approached me and touched me on my head as if I was some little boy. “I can’t have my girlfriend’s best friend getting all down and under.” I forced a smile as his comment. Not only did it break my heart but I knew that was all I was going to be. His girlfriend’s best friend and nothing else.

“Hey what’s taking you two so long? Are you guys making out or something?” Lauran stood by the front door in her tank top and short shorts. I blushed and looked down at my all stars as River withdrew his hand. “Aw but I wanted to watch some sexy gay make out.”

“Sorry but I’m straight as it gets.” He said as he kissed his girlfriend/my best friend on the lips. I smiled softly glad that they had each other. She was best friend who I loved and he was the man I was in love with. Their happiness meant more than my own. That might be the reason why I still stayed by their side….hoping that one day they’ll break up which I doubted it but a guy could only hope, right?

~

I walked onto the school grounds like a zombie. Not only was it my last year in this school but soon I’ll be going off to a far off college. I discussed this with my parents last year and with my grades I could do it. “Mr. Clarks.” I turned around to see my AP Math teacher, “I’m glad to have catched you.”

“Mr. Jordan.” I greeted him as I stopped in the middle of the hallway. Kids kept pushing rushing to get to their classes on time. Did they really care? No, no they didn’t. Half the kids here will just end up dropping out of college wasting all their parents hard working money, “Is something wrong?” I asked and he shook his smiling.

“No I just wanted to ask for a favor.” I began to follow him to his office so we could talk calmly without raising our voices, “I have this student who needs extra help so I was wondering if you would like to help him out.”

“Sure.” I said and Mr. Jordan smiled, “Who is the student-”

“Sorry I’m late- Oh hey Dustin.” He smiled as I frowned at him, “What are you doing here?”

“I’m glad you guys know each other. River this is going to be your new tutor. Dustin.” Oh fuck my life.

I'm feeling this story do you? comment or vote

Should Jackson Rathbone or Matthias Lauridsen be Dustin leave it in a comment and tell me your thoughts :D