Our Affair: Chapter Four

Here's Chapter Four!!!

When I woke up the next morning the sun was out and birds singing softly the only thing I could feel was complete dread. What have I done? I shook my head. I didn’t know how I should feel. Happy that River liked me or disgusted with myself that I’m lip locking with my best friend’s boyfriend. There’s some kind of code between best friends and I just broke the worst one: ‘dating your best friend’s boyfriend behind her back’.

I wanted to cry. To call her and tell her everything! Everything! Not the little fact that I was tutoring River but the fact that I had a full out make out session with him. Which I completely enjoyed. But while I was kissing him I had this sick thought, he kisses Lauran like this. But I didn’t care.

He was kissing me then. Me! And it felt so good.

I groaned with my complicated teenage life. “Honey get out of bed!!” I heard my mom from outside of my door. I thought about ignoring her because I already decided that I was going to be late to school to avoid the happy couple.

“I’m mopping in here!” I shouted back as I threw my other pillow over my head. I was surprised that I wasn’t crying. I wanted to but the tears just couldn’t come maybe because I was happy? Maybe?

My mom opened the door frowning. “For what?” she asked as she turned on the lights making me hiss and shield my eyes.

“I’m melting!! Melting!!”

“You sparkle Mr. Vampire.” My mom teased me over reading Twilight saga and having every Twilight poster and movies on DVD all I am waiting for was Breaking Dawn Part 2. I smiled but then it faltered into a frown and my mom then figured out that I was indeed mopping, “No smart comment my bookworm?” my mom asked using my little nickname.

I nodded, “I have a dilemma.” My mom sat on my bed beside my head rubbing my hair as I laid it on her lap like the little boy I am. My mom was beautiful and outgoing. Completely different than me. The only thing I got from her was my looks but I was pretty glad. Not saying my dad was ugly or anything I just didn’t want to look like him when I got old. Balding on the top of my head when I am 45. I cold shiver ran down my spine.

“What’s wrong bookworm?” she asked after awhile.

“Do you love me?” I asked suddenly and my mom laughed.

“Don’t I tell you I love you every day?” she asked still playing with my hair. I hummed waiting, “Fine. Yes I love you Dustin why do you ask?”

“Do you love me because you to because you’re my mom?” I answered her question when another question.

“Dustin why are you talking nonsense.”

“It’s not nonsense! Just tell me do you love me because of who I am!” I said very seriously.

“Of course I do sweetie.” She leaned down to kiss my hair and then kissed my cheek and forehead. That’s the problem with my mom. She was always touchy and kissy when I was younger and it wasn’t a problem until I got into middle school and she was still doing it.

I don’t know why she’s like that but she was. My dad said it’s because her parents, my grandparents, and her just didn’t mix well. They were childhood friends and once mom turned 18 and graduated she packed up her things and left. Never looking back.

I don’t know if I was sad because my mom didn’t get the love she needed from her parents or what but my dad seemed to be deeply in love with my mom and  cherished her giving her the love her parents didn’t give her.