Chapter 7✔️

WANDERLUST
— n
A great desire to travel and rove about

***

WE DID TAKE A midnight swim that night, our smiles blazing as the waves crashed against our knees and our clothes getting soaked as we splashed each other like children.

The soft warmth of the water was soothing against my skin, and the moon was becoming brighter by the second, creating a serene atmosphere.

"Can I call you Chris?" the question sprung from my mouth unintentionally. We had been standing beside each other for what felt like hours now, just enjoying the silence together.

"If you want too," he looked over at me and grinned.

"I want too," I grinned back, chuckling as a drop of water fell into his forehead from where his hair was dripping.

Without thinking, I reached up my hand and pushed his hair back, his eyes becoming darker in the pale moonlight.

"What should I call you?" he whispered, his hand coming up to graze my cheek as I looked down. We had suddenly become close. Way too close.

"Alex," I said, but he shook his head.

"You're real name."

I gulped. "Alexis,"

He smiled. A breathtaking, beautiful smile that only someone like Chris could pull off. "Alright, then, Alexis, would you like to sleep under the stars with me?"

I smiled back, liking the way my name sounded when he said it. "I've never been more sure of something in my entire life."

His eyes are practically sparkling in the moonlight, and before I know it, his lips are touching mine and I relax into his hold; completely and utterly taken by surprise.

And for once, I feel exceptionally extraordinary.

***

[ hey guys! So, this story has been super fun to write lately, but I think I'm going to keep it short and sweet (like all my books LOL). There will be more chapters, but probably no more than ten because I hate it when authors drag on books forever. Anyways, I just posted a new story called TEN MINUTES and you should definitely go check it out!
Love you guys!
-Mae ]