Little Secrets

Lucy's POV

"What are you talking about?" Aramantha asked, a slight tremor in her voice. 

The boy sighed, and bit his lip, not looking like he wanted to talk anymore, "Haseni-kun was never the kid his parents believed he was. He would talk about how his parents were so proud of him, for achieving perfect grades and being perfectly under their control. But the truth was, Haseni-kun was using his parents just as much as his parents were using him. I guess that's what made him leave."

"Haseni-kun.......I know he wasn't perfect, but was he at least okay?" Aramantha desperately asked. I knew that she just wanted the boy to reassure her that her brother was the brother that she really wanted to have. The one that wasn't afraid of breaking the rules, but still followed them when it mattered. The one that would work really hard because he really wanted to make his parents proud.

Aramantha wanted a brother that she could relate to. But even that might've been too much to ask for.

"Was he okay? What exactly are you trying to find out here? Because if you're looking for reasons to prove that he really wasn't a bad, rule-breaking boy, and he really was the perfect little person that would listen to everything his parents would tell him, then you're talking to the wrong person," the boy replied rather sharply.

"What we're trying to find out is where Haseni-kun is, and why he would go there. That's it," Gray replied, matching his tone.

"I don't know the answer to any of those questions. I was never very close to him, you see. He was never my type to hang out with," the boy replied dismissevely. 

"Then why warn us about him when you don't even know him that well yourself?" Erza questioned, looking at the boy suspiciously.

"Because. The moments when I did hang out with him, he gave me the feeling that he really didn't want to be in this place," the boy replied, "he really hated his home."

At those words, I felt myself clenching my fists together. That just reminded me of my childhood all over again. Those times when I would just watch the other little kids that were my age just run and play about, while I was busy reading textbooks. At that time, I really wanted to play with those kids. But I knew, even at that age, that my dad would've never allowed me too. He had always lectured me on how my education was way more important than just simply playing and wasting time.

Unexpectedly, I felt a pair of eyes on me and I turned to meet Gray's eyes. They looked somewhat concerned, so I offered him a small smile. He blinked in surprise, before smiling softly back at me. For some reason, his smile washed over my body and made me feel happy again. It allowed me to stop dwelling on those past experiences, and instead focus on Aramantha's specific situation right now. Something about that smile had made me relax.

"Why?" Aramantha suddenly asked. The boy turned to look at her in surprise, and so did all of us.

"What do you mean?" the boy asked, scrunching his eyebrows together.

"Why did he hate his home?" Aramantha repeated, her voice visibly shaking now. The boy tilted his head slightly to one side.

"I don't know, but I think he really didn't like his parents. I think he had a dream that he wanted to complete, but he couldn't because his parents were really against it. That's what I heard, at least," the boy paused, and looked at Aramantha carefully, "why do you even care so much about a boy that went missing a long time ago?"

Aramantha bit her lip, "he's my brother."

Those three words seemed to have an astonishing affect on the boy. His eyes widened, and he actually staggered a few steps back.

"Your brother?" He repeated, looking beyond shocked.

"Yes," Aramantha breathed, a little bit surprised by his reaction as well. What would her relationship to Haseni-kun change what the boy told them?

"That makes everything different," the boy breathed. He looked around nervously, but no one was near us, "he made me promise to tell something to his sister, if she ever visited me. It's finally you."

"What is it?" Aramantha asked, leaning forward slightly.

"I know where he is," the boy breathed, his eyes darting around Aramantha's face.

"You do? Why did you lie to us earlier?" Natsu asked suspiciously.

"He didn't want anyone else to know. Except for his sister," the boy breathed back in reply.

"Where is he?" Aramantha asked a bit more frantically, getting impatient.

"He didn't exactly tell me where, but he told me that he wanted to become a mage," the boy breathed, and I widened my eyes. So that was why he wanted to run away. Because he knew his parents would have never approved of his dream if he had stayed.

"That's it?" Aramantha asked, sounding disappointed.

"No, he told me that he wanted to join a guild as well. One that's around here, nearby so that he could keep an eye out too," the boy explained.

"An eye out for what?" I asked, curious now.

"An eye out for his little sister, just in case she wanted to join him, of course."

~~

Thank you so much for waiting so patiently, everyone :)

Sorry if this chapter is a bit short..........but I felt like that was all that was needed in this chapter, if you know what I mean

Thank you so much for reading this!!

Please vote and comment!

~Lillianna